Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2012, 11:09 PM
Top Prospect

@ChrisK,

Can you get us an update on a website admin for the CC? We're anticipating the start date will be May 15th.

Proposals for the stats changes and etc., are being made and voted on in the CC forum.
Old April 20, 2012, 04:21 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
@ChrisK,

Can you get us an update on a website admin for the CC? We're anticipating the start date will be May 15th.

Proposals for the stats changes and etc., are being made and voted on in the CC forum.
Im on the way to work...Ill take a look tomorrow at the CC thread but I was told that if we present a formula to the admin, he will do his best with no promises.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 21, 2012, 03:40 PM
Top Prospect

Sounds promising. CC is voting on the "keep your same name or require a name change to race" matter, so you may want to swing in there again (I know you were there earlier).
Old April 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

This aspect has been approached already, and HWC folding members believe that there must be a name change to race. I'll let other chime in, and Chris answer officially.
Old April 21, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, to be honest I personally do not /really/ care despite a preference for changing names. I am also not a big producer either so there is no difficulty switching things.
*shrug*
Old April 21, 2012, 11:26 PM
Top Prospect

Yes, the matter appears settled - and it's clear that the current captains are not interested in moving the CC forward, as I had hoped. I have stopped working for the CC.

Good luck Beavers!
Old April 22, 2012, 08:03 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Sorry Adak you were pretty active on this year's CC and as I mentioned previously, your efforts are appreciated.

It looks like the captain's are waiting for some input on the name-changing part, and the stats system is still undecided. HWC is pretty much for any system that gets the CC going at this point, even if it means its not a great system for us (we just want to it actually happen).
Fold for team #54196
Old April 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

Ah yea , typical internet.
-----

Don't quit Adak.You did good work , you were one of a few that cared to discuss it.

Cheers ! and keep it up !!

-------

Make it a drag race , I don't care ( that does'nt mean I ain't bringing heat ) ...

I've changed my avatar . It was my honor to have the Jaded Monkey just once.

I'll say this again and again : HWC is team Canada , and we own all of you !!

Bring it , I am.

Old April 23, 2012, 06:22 AM
Top Prospect

If the captains want to fall in line with Zodac, then there's no reason for me to be there. I'm just an irritant, and goodness knows this retro vision she has for the race, is irritating to me.

I respect Zodac's active work for her team, but we have no race director to look out for the CC, as a whole, and Zodac insists on raw points being a contributing part (and a large part), of the race points given. You might as well give the Jaded Monkey to OCN or EVGA, every year, before the race starts.

The race will be kind of fun anyway, but I really prefer team races where all the teams have a chance to win.
Old April 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
If the captains want to fall in line with Zodac, then there's no reason for me to be there. I'm just an irritant, and goodness knows this retro vision she has for the race, is irritating to me.

I respect Zodac's active work for her team, but we have no race director to look out for the CC, as a whole, and Zodac insists on raw points being a contributing part (and a large part), of the race points given. You might as well give the Jaded Monkey to OCN or EVGA, every year, before the race starts.

The race will be kind of fun anyway, but I really prefer team races where all the teams have a chance to win.
Adak, please don't make me out to be the bad guy here - just because I want absolute points to have some influence in the event, that doesn't mean that a bigger team will win. Both of the other two categories proposed (growth and conversion) favour smaller teams. It's not gonna be perfectly balanced, but it's something to work with and tweak for next year. It at least factors in more things than last year, which was weighted towards smaller teams (not drastically, since OCN came 3rd and Evga were 4/5th until the very end). It's just tyring to balance things off fully, and we won't know until we try it.

As for the CC names, it wasn't a matter of them falling in line with me. Each team had one vote, and it was a slim margin. If TSC! had replied, it might have been a tie and one of the teams would probably have changed their vote. I hardly went to the teams and campaigned for it - I stated my case, as did you.

Anyway, Chris, there's a vote going on for the final draft for this year's format, if you get a chance to take a look at it. ;)
Closed Thread