Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6, 2012, 12:38 PM
Rookie

Seem Overclockers suggest two brackets (similiar to OCAU recommendation)

ADAK

Format:

two brackets, unlimited (straight points race), and a handicap bracket. The handicap basis point score for each team would be taken directly from their average day in the CC, last year.

If you believe it favors smaller teams a bit too much, then give each team a 50% penalty for the *increase* - sounds diabolical, but it cuts down on the advantage of the smaller teams percentage being a smaller quantity, compared to the same percentage increase, in a larger team.

(I'm not sure this is needed since the smaller teams will undoubtedly be in the handicap bracket, and the larger teams will be in the unlimited bracket.)

It's fair, it handles any problem of teams merging (like NCIX and HWC last year), and has a leveling effect on the competition.

Points in this format would be:

Unlimited bracket:
race points earned = total FAH pts.

Handicap bracket:
race points earned = total FAH pts - average days total FAH pts taken from last years CC.

Teams that are new to the CC and racing for the first time need a simple tweak to the points formula:

race points earned = total FAH pts - team daily average for the last six months.

It's important to remember in the midst of all this, that this is just a FUN race. It's not life or death -- it's more important than that! I don't need rules about EVGA having contests during the race, or any team "timing" work units so they score the most points, etc.

It's a race!

EVGA is all for this... we would like to see if we can get all the teams agreeing to this
Old April 6, 2012, 02:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yes I do believe the teams need to do bracket racing.

It's SOP with car racing.

----

I'm actually trying to get ahold of real drag racing people from Calgary right now.....The rules they use are very close to what we want to accomplish.I'm curious what they have to say....

more right away.

Old April 6, 2012, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I do not care about rules anymore....let's do this!!!!!!!!
(The snow is melting!)
Old April 6, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

Let's melt it faster with folding !!

hehe

----

I'm not really too worried about this years rules, I'll go either way , but I think the discussion going on right now is quite valuable.I hav'nt heard back from the racing forum yet....

I have borgs coming online so WTF ever !!!

Old April 6, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Borgs ?
Old April 6, 2012, 03:36 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Resistance is futile.
Old April 6, 2012, 07:43 PM
Rookie

charlie we could use your help in trying to convince OCN(zodac) to accept Overclockers Format proposal

Now where are those angels of yours...

you wouldn't happen to be related to punchy on EVGA (the dude in the penguin suit)
Old April 6, 2012, 09:24 PM
Top Prospect

Drag racing is a bit different. They use MANY brackets, and don't handicap individual cars within the bracket. They race straight time, within their bracket. If any handicap race is done, it's done to even out a race between cars in different brackets. That would allow a race between a rail, and a stock car, for instance, to be meaningful.

We would want each bracket to race only within their bracket, particularly since the whole idea of handicapping is new and the teams aren't confident in it, atm.

Tip of the cap to Xavier for his wok with this. Well done, X!

P.S.
If you were related to a dude in a penguin suit, would you admit it?
Old April 8, 2012, 08:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Borgs ?
Yea borgs.

Offsite , (with permission) folding rigs.

Old April 9, 2012, 08:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lets do an all out points race for the monkey.....I mean Chimp, and then have a side race based on points averaging for an honorable mention or the platinum hippo or something.