Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

looks kinda good so far : last 24h I have 17K PPD with 2x4c and 2x2c on HPCS
Old March 7, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Still waiting for my way in haha

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old March 7, 2012, 03:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm in the process of 'first contact' with an HPCS rep.

If you have questions about HPCS ask me , I'll pass em on if I can....just feeling things out now.

Old March 7, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
Still waiting for my way in haha
your sig rig would probably get you 30k PPD, why don't you put it to fold?

As for my stats I seem to hover at 15k PPD. I guess having 10 small instances would be more productive, getting around 25K PPD. I will extend the HPCS only folding for the rest of this week to see.

Last edited by MARSTG; March 8, 2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old March 8, 2012, 08:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just got this email from HPCS:

Quote:
HP Confidential
Perry,

To continue stabilizing and improving the HP Cloud Services offering during private beta, we will be completing a series of power and hardware updates within our data center. These updates will occur on Cloud Compute Availability Zone az-1.region-a.geo-1 on Saturday, March 10th from 1:30pm UTC to Sunday, March 11th 12:30am UTC (CST -6:00, PST -8:00) and Cloud Compute Availability Zone az-2.region-a.geo-1 on Sunday March 11th, 2012 from 12:30pm UTC to 11:30pm UTC (CDT -5:00, PDT -7:00). Cloud Storage updates will be done during both windows. Status updates during the maintenance will be provided on our System Status page located at https://connect.hpcloud.com/status.

What To Expect

Cloud Compute:
  • Management of instances via the API, Management Console, and additional tools will not be available. This includes creating, terminating, and rebooting instances.
  • Some instances on your account may show as Active or Running but will not be accessible. These instances will be suspended or shutdown in the system and may be rebooted at the completion of the maintenance. If you are unable to access an instance after the maintenance is complete, please attempt rebooting via the Management Console, API, or other tools.
  • Following the conclusion of the maintenance, please log into your instances and verify your application and data state.
Cloud Storage:
  • There may be degraded performance in completing GET or PUT requests.
  • Management Console, API, and other tools will still be able to manage Cloud Storage.
Thank you for your continued support and patience while we improve the HP Cloud Services cloud offering during the private beta period. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback please contact our Support Team via email at cloudsupport@hp.com, Live Chat from your Management Console, or by submitting a support request at https://connect.hpcloud.com/support-ticket.

Regards,
The HP Cloud Services team
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old March 8, 2012, 10:13 AM
Top Prospect

I got that too. I'm going to set the -oneunit flag on them tonight and let them finish what they have before the outage/possible reset, then on Sunday bring them back online
Old March 9, 2012, 05:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am pretty dissapointed : last 24 hours gave me less than 12 PPD. Full days 8th and 7th of March I had 14K PPD (similar to a 2500K at 4.5 GHz). I guess I am better changing to 10 small machines.
Old March 9, 2012, 06:51 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My 38 - 2 gig instances (I'm having issues with 2 of them) are getting me about 95,000 ppd. They vary from 4500 to 800 ppd.
Old March 9, 2012, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just a thought... with the sporadic service, the HPCS folding may start to become bad for the project if HPCS instances start missing deadlines.
Old March 9, 2012, 08:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just added the -oneunit flag to all of my instances...hopefully I did it right
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank