Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2012, 09:58 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I was pretty late to the party :(

Skywalker - Q6600(GO)+P5Q Pro turbo+HD5870+HX750
Hansolo - X4 925+M4A785-M+HD6850+OCZ500W
Chewbacca - Q6600(GO)+P5G41-M+OCZ500W
DEATHSTARMini - Zotac N330 mini ITX

Old February 1, 2012, 03:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

P7505 doesn't like the 4 core vCPU on HPCS:
Attached Images

The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old February 2, 2012, 04:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm you're still getting a lot better tpf in general then I am. I swear I have to have figured something wrong... I just seem to not have the time the past few nights to look at them myself. Maybe I can this weekend...
Old February 2, 2012, 04:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That is the worst tpf from any of the HP servers. Generally 3-4 of the insatances are running in the 3-5 min range, with the rest running in the 10-14 min range.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old February 2, 2012, 04:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, several of my tpf are in the hours, not days. Hence look at my rather low ppd.
Old February 2, 2012, 09:59 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Yeah, several of my tpf are in the hours, not days. Hence look at my rather low ppd.
You doing bigadv?
Old February 2, 2012, 10:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I may be, could be the problem on the 8 cores.
Old February 2, 2012, 01:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well i got 4 clients doing smp, 2 8 core, 2 4 core. It seems 2 of the servers on AZ1 are coming up with errors and I can't terminate or access them.
Old February 2, 2012, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So I received this email today regarding some new changes to the cloud service.
What's it mean? Does this affect us folders?

Quote:
We’re excited to inform you of some important changes we are making to HP Cloud Services. On February 7th, we plan to roll out our new HP Cloud Identity Service. As with all maintenance and status information, we will post the exact timeframe and impact at connect.hpcloud.com.
The new Identity Service delivers consistent identity management and authentication processes across all HP Cloud Services in addition to providing an interface that is compatible with the OpenStack™ Keystone APIs. The Identity Service is an important enhancement because it will serve as a foundational layer that we’ll use to build and grow capabilities for all HP Cloud Services offerings.

The HP Cloud Identity Service will make accessing your HP Cloud Services more efficient. With the HP Cloud Identity Service, you’ll have the ability to:
  • Access HP Cloud Compute, HP Cloud Object Storage, and all future services with one set of credentials instead of unique credentials for each service
  • Use a single API endpoint for token management and user authentication instead of individual endpoints for each service
  • Combine various Compute and Object Storage resources into a tenant or group of resources, allowing for easier resource management
  • Access a catalog of the HP Cloud Services available to you at any time
What You Will Need to Do
  • If you are interacting directly with the API for HP Cloud Compute and HP Cloud Object Storage, you must change the authentication endpoint anywhere you have explicitly used it, including configuration files.
  • If you are using a CLI or a language binding to interact with HP Cloud Services, you will need to upgrade to the latest versions. Updated tools will be available on build.hpcloud.com when the Identity Service is released.
  • Any third-party tools (e.g. Cyberduck, Euca2ools) will need to be configured to use the new authentication process.
Our intro guide and step-by-step instructions further detail the new Identity Service and authentication steps for both HP Cloud Compute and HP Cloud Object Storage. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to engage live customer support, available Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm CST, by online chat, submitting a request at connect.hpcloud.com/support-ticket, or email.
We think you’ll find that the HP Cloud Identity Service provides a more seamless experience with HP Cloud Services, and we look forward to sharing news of future improvements with you.

Sincerely,
The HP Cloud Services Team
Old February 2, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not 100% sure what it means, but i think for us folders we'll need to update our auth to the servers in putty.