Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2009, 08:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm...well you definitely need to play with the voltages if you want to get anywhere.

Here's a bios template I found. Let's start here and see if we can't get you some stability at 4GHz!

Now, I'm not that familiar with this bios, but I'm sure there are some people around here who are.

I've input some settings which I think might help you, but I'm sure there are guys here who know this board better than me. If I haven't input a value, it's because I don't know what it means or because you should just try to leave it at auto.

Anyway, this is sort of a stab in the dark. Don't be afraid of a BSOD

Do do some quick stability testing on your chip, grab yourself a copy of LinX (link). You'll need to download 7zip to unzip LinX. What you do is, as you begin testing, you try some settings and boot into Windows and run LinX with a small amount of memory (like 500 MB or something) so that you're mainly stressing the CPU. When testing my OC, I usually do about 5 passes of LinX (takes about 12-14 minutes) That's much quicker than running Prime95!!

Then from there you begin tweaking. You'll need to look around and see if you can find a thread dedicated to your board. (Here's a big one!)

You'll have a fair bit of work to do, a lot of reading and quite possibly some BSODs along the way, but at the end of the road you'll have a nice 3.8-4.2 GHz OC on that chip. I'm pretty sure it can do it!

Quote:
[b]MB Intelligent Tweaker (MIT)[/b]
Robust Graphics Booster:
CPU Clock Ratio: 9
CPU Host Clock Control:
CPU Host Frequency(Mhz) : 445
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) :
C.I.A.2:
Performance Enhance :
System Memory Multiplier (SPD)
Memory Frequency(Mhz): 1068
DRAM Timing Selectable :
[
b]Standard Timing Control[/b]
CAS Latency Time: : 5
DRAM RAS# to CAS# : 5
DRAM RAS# Precharge : 5
Precharge Delay(tRAS) : 15
[
b]Advanced Timing Control[/b]
ACT to ACT Delay(tRRD) :
Rank Write to READ Delay :
Write To Precharge Delay :
Refresh to ACT Delay :
Read To Precharge Delay :
tRD :
tRD Phase Adjustment :
Command to #CS Timing: :
[b]Clock Driving and Skew Control[/b]
CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control :
CPU Clock Skew Control : Normal
(G)MCH Clock Skew Control : Normal
[b]System Voltage Control[/b]
DDR2 OverVoltage Control :
PCI-E OverVoltage Control :
FSB OverVoltage Control :
(
G)MCH OverVoltage Control :
MCH Reference Voltage Control : Normal
DDR Reference Voltage Control
: Normal
DDR Termination Voltage Control
: Normal
CPU GTLREF1 Voltage
* :
CPU GTLREF2 Voltage* :
CPU Voltage Control :
Normal CPU Vcore : 1.32-1.34v

[
b]Advanced Bios Features[/b]
CPU Multi-Threading
Limit CPUID Max to 3
No
-Execute Memory Protect
CPU Enhanced Halt
(CIE)
CPU Thermal Monitor 2
CPU EIST
Function
Virtuaalization Technology

Note
: * Items are Hidden press [CTRL] + [F1] from the bios main menu to access.