Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 16, 2012, 08:35 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Changing user names mid-workunit.. didn't know this was possible.

As long as i've been folding, i'm still learning new things about it.

I thought it was not possible to switch a username mid-work and have it send as the new username?

Well, I was folding on a machine at home under NCIX for the past few weeks.. and mid-workunit around 60% I stopped the workunit, changed the user/team to Rison/HWC and it flushed this morning - and it shows up under the Rison name.
I thought it was setup to have the username the workunit started with as what it flushes with.. I know for certain this is how it used to be. Perhaps I don't read the Stanford site enough for these changes, heh.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old January 16, 2012, 10:55 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
As long as i've been folding, i'm still learning new things about it.

I thought it was not possible to switch a username mid-work and have it send as the new username?

Well, I was folding on a machine at home under NCIX for the past few weeks.. and mid-workunit around 60% I stopped the workunit, changed the user/team to Rison/HWC and it flushed this morning - and it shows up under the Rison name.
I thought it was setup to have the username the workunit started with as what it flushes with.. I know for certain this is how it used to be. Perhaps I don't read the Stanford site enough for these changes, heh.
You and me both.

I thought the WU was assigned to the specific user at first as well (for bonus calculations/qualifications and such...if you downloaded a WU and didn't finish it, how would it count against your 80% bonus qualification?)
Fold for team #54196
Old January 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah - it was always like that, which is how notfred got all of his points as he would be credited with the first unit of everybody using his image.

But - I also noticed it changed during the Rose foldathon. I switched during my last bigadv unit for the foldathon, and ended up giving them one less unit than I had intended because it went to my usual username instead. Don't know when the change was made, as I don't remember any announcements to that effect.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old January 16, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

time for me to write a virus that stops the WU at 99%, switches to my name for completion, then switches back to Chrisk's name like nothing ever happened....
Old January 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
time for me to write a virus that stops the WU at 99%, switches to my name for completion, then switches back to Chrisk's name like nothing ever happened....
Hehehe... (nervous laugh)

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old January 16, 2012, 04:25 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Hehehe... (nervous laugh)
No need to be worried...the only viruses I worry about are the ones I get from Peri's mom.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 16, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Jesus Chris - that may be your best one yet!

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old January 16, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
No need to be worried...the only viruses I worry about are the ones I get from Peri's mom.

Ahahahahahaha. I didn't know you were a fan of mustachioed women.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old January 17, 2012, 08:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post

Pfft...Chrisk is peanuts.....you got to go for the big guns...you know Rison, DT and their farms
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old January 17, 2012, 08:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Pfft...Chrisk is peanuts.....you got to go for the big guns...you know Rison, DT and their farms
pfft, leave me out of this, i'm selling my farm! (get DT! )

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.