Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Changing user names mid-workunit.. didn't know this was possible. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/50526-changing-user-names-mid-workunit-didnt-know-possible.html)

Rison January 16, 2012 08:35 AM

Changing user names mid-workunit.. didn't know this was possible.

As long as i've been folding, i'm still learning new things about it.

I thought it was not possible to switch a username mid-work and have it send as the new username?

Well, I was folding on a machine at home under NCIX for the past few weeks.. and mid-workunit around 60% I stopped the workunit, changed the user/team to Rison/HWC and it flushed this morning - and it shows up under the Rison name.
I thought it was setup to have the username the workunit started with as what it flushes with.. I know for certain this is how it used to be. Perhaps I don't read the Stanford site enough for these changes, heh.

chrisk January 16, 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rison (Post 590934)
As long as i've been folding, i'm still learning new things about it.

I thought it was not possible to switch a username mid-work and have it send as the new username?

Well, I was folding on a machine at home under NCIX for the past few weeks.. and mid-workunit around 60% I stopped the workunit, changed the user/team to Rison/HWC and it flushed this morning - and it shows up under the Rison name.
I thought it was setup to have the username the workunit started with as what it flushes with.. I know for certain this is how it used to be. Perhaps I don't read the Stanford site enough for these changes, heh.

You and me both.

I thought the WU was assigned to the specific user at first as well (for bonus calculations/qualifications and such...if you downloaded a WU and didn't finish it, how would it count against your 80% bonus qualification?)

Dead Things January 16, 2012 11:18 AM

Yeah - it was always like that, which is how notfred got all of his points as he would be credited with the first unit of everybody using his image.

But - I also noticed it changed during the Rose foldathon. I switched during my last bigadv unit for the foldathon, and ended up giving them one less unit than I had intended because it went to my usual username instead. Don't know when the change was made, as I don't remember any announcements to that effect.

Perineum January 16, 2012 04:01 PM

time for me to write a virus that stops the WU at 99%, switches to my name for completion, then switches back to Chrisk's name like nothing ever happened....

great_big_abyss January 16, 2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perineum (Post 591109)
time for me to write a virus that stops the WU at 99%, switches to my name for completion, then switches back to Chrisk's name like nothing ever happened....

Hehehe... (nervous laugh)

chrisk January 16, 2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 591113)
Hehehe... (nervous laugh)

No need to be worried...the only viruses I worry about are the ones I get from Peri's mom.

Dead Things January 16, 2012 06:02 PM

Jesus Chris - that may be your best one yet!

great_big_abyss January 16, 2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisk (Post 591114)
No need to be worried...the only viruses I worry about are the ones I get from Peri's mom.

Ahahahahahaha. I didn't know you were a fan of mustachioed women.

PerryC January 17, 2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perineum (Post 591109)

Pfft...Chrisk is peanuts.....you got to go for the big guns...you know Rison, DT and their farms

Rison January 17, 2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerryC (Post 591414)
Pfft...Chrisk is peanuts.....you got to go for the big guns...you know Rison, DT and their farms

pfft, leave me out of this, i'm selling my farm! (get DT! :haha:)