Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Off site monitoring options for folding rigs?

So I'm looking for some way to monitor the status of my folding rigs while I'm away from them. I don't really just want to monitor the ppd since that doesn't really matter to me. I want to be able to view temps restart clients or shut them down(once in a blue moon i get an unstable machine error on my GTS 250). Mainly I want to monitor temps since the 2 computers are in a small room with the window slightly open yet the room can still get pretty warm depending on the weather outside. I want to be able to shut clients down to allow a cool off period if need be.

One option I've been looking at is LogMeIn Free https://secure.logmein.com/products/free/

It seems like a pretty nice option for me are there any others that are similar or better than this?

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old January 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

You don't need logmein for remote monitoring , only for remote control.

You can setup HFM.net to upload stats to a webpage .....I know one of my clanmates (grinder) had it all setup.I don't so I'm not sure of the steps , mebbie grinder will chime in here.....(or anyone else that does it.)

If you want full control , logmein works great , I use it....I run the paid-for logmein pro.

Old January 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yeah, I just use HFM.net to upload the html file to my webserver every 30 minutes, and I just refresh the page at work or on my blackberry if i'm bored. It's super simple to setup, just input a login/password and site name and it'll upload via ftp to a webserver.
If you want to control / reboot (etc) you can either use the Logmein, or port forward the router for RDP if it's a professional (or better) version of the operating system.. or install xrdp in linux.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old January 14, 2012, 04:08 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yea well if you read carefully I said I want to be able to stop and restart clients and monitor temps. Just wondering if there's anything else better or more geared towards F@H use.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.