Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   holey crap the heat produced lol (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/50038-holey-crap-heat-produced-lol.html)

Shadowmeph January 3, 2012 10:53 AM

holey crap the heat produced lol

last night my room ( which is my Bedroom + folding box ) was so hot I looked at the temperature of my folder and the one cpu ( which I jury rigged a Coolermaster Hyper 212 thanks to hardforums for the idea) and for some reason last night the temperatures of that cpu where fastly aproaching mid 60s I took one of my summer fans and placed it next to the case ( which has no covers at all on it) turn the fan on its highest setting just to bring the temperature down to the high 40s. On the other side of things the NH-U9DO A3 never went past 49 C . I have know idea why it got so hot but man , the other NH-U9DO A3 better get here fast or I am not going to be folding with both cpus activated:haha:.
Today the temperature of that cpu is in the mid to semi high 40s there is always a 10 degree difference between the two cpus.
I installed the fans on both cpus I had them blowing away from each other in homes that they would stay fairly cool.

KaptCrunch January 3, 2012 11:22 AM

place on your MB on window sill outside with this cool weather were having, an keep cool for the partner

Shadowmeph January 3, 2012 12:17 PM

I was thinking the same but then I don't have any Internet cables to reach it

clshades January 3, 2012 12:38 PM

good lord how can you stand it?

Alpine January 3, 2012 12:55 PM

to help getting loweest temp for my board and CPU (my Ex Dual Opteron) , i have install my board on 2 ceramic plate in the basement.

BrainEater January 3, 2012 02:25 PM

I run my rigs in the cold parts of my house.Helps out with the heating bill.

:thumb:

Shadowmeph January 3, 2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 586019)
to help getting loweest temp for my board and CPU (my Ex Dual Opteron) , i have install my board on 2 ceramic plate in the basement.

hahaha I wish I could do that.

stoanee January 3, 2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrainEater (Post 586044)
I run my rigs in the cold parts of my house.Helps out with the heating bill.

:thumb:

Ditto, also powerline ethernet works well for those remote locations.

Silent_Avenger January 3, 2012 07:33 PM

I leave my window partially open and my door closed since I only rent and don't have the thermostat in my room it works out pretty well. Last night when I was at work I left my window open all the way, came home and my main was only at 18C 100% CPU load. Although I had to keep my coat on for a couple hours while my comps heated my room back up.:haha:

Shadowmeph January 3, 2012 08:15 PM

I just find it so strange that last night the temperatures went up so high right now the one cpu is a steady 35 and the other is 42 when last night and this is like this without my summer fans and my rooms windows wide open .