Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2012, 02:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yea, folding gets things hot. I just go the one folding box but have 7GPU's bitcoin mining in another room, AC set at 25c and it runs pretty much year round. I'd just leave the window open but radiator under the window means frozen pipes if it gets cold while I'm out of town.

Have an A-1 day!
Old January 4, 2012, 07:50 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

hey shadow
Quote:
which I jury rigged a Coolermaster Hyper 212
do you think Jerry rigging the cooler might have an impact on cooling? can you link the method for doing it?? thanks. fold on man.

Skywalker - Q6600(GO)+P5Q Pro turbo+HD5870+HX750
Hansolo - X4 925+M4A785-M+HD6850+OCZ500W
Chewbacca - Q6600(GO)+P5G41-M+OCZ500W
DEATHSTARMini - Zotac N330 mini ITX

Old January 4, 2012, 10:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandL View Post
hey shadow do you think Jerry rigging the cooler might have an impact on cooling? can you link the method for doing it?? thanks. fold on man.
actually there was two reason why I jury rigged the Hyper 212 the first was I wanted to make sure that the $125 6128 I bought off of ebay actually worked and also I was very curious as to how much of a PPD difference there was between the single and two cps running . The when I seen the massive difference and at the time the heat wasn't to high I went for it knowing that it get a bit hotter but, I didn't expect that huge difference in temperatures lol. I am still waiting for my back ordered NH-U9DO A3 and cannot wait for it .

I will show you my very backyard mechanic folder box
Name:  M&M folding box .jpg
Views: 314
Size:  104.3 KB
Old January 4, 2012, 10:38 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

You're using a 260 in there? Why don't you use IPMI?
Old January 4, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Umm what is ipmi ? ok I did a search and seen what it is but how do I use it?
Old January 4, 2012, 11:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

See It's Alive!

Quote:
So 11.04 (or equiv.) is installed? Then all you're missing is xrdp (Griffon's IT Library Linux Ubuntu Remote Desktop Connection against Ubuntu 10.10) to allow W7's Remote Desktop Connection to see the Linux box. You'll need the rig's name, the username you specified and the password associated with the account.

When I log into xrdp, I choose the "console" option. The password is created from the xrdp setup.
Quote:
As for IPMI, you must connect a network cable to the appropriate network port (see manual) on the backpanel. Then from your router, find the ip address that was assigned to your IPMI port (using the MAC address will help). By default, BMC works via DHCP. Once found, use IE to connect to the IPMI webapp. I believe the username / password is admin / admin. From the app, you can control the rig, connect virtual DVD players, keyboard, mouse. Install Java, and you can access the BIOS live through the viewer.

Nice thing about BMC / IPMI is that as long as you have power to the board (but not powered up), IPMI will work. Power up, BIOS access and changes can be made Live without a kvm.
With IPMI, I can control and access the board's power functions and BIOS settings. With xrdp, i can remotely control the OS (Ubuntu in this case) via my Windows rig. Both my folding rigs are setup as such without a keyboard, mouse or monitor (and GPU!)
Old January 4, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thank you 3.0charlieThis is exactly what I want will I be able to monitor the Temperatures ?
Old January 4, 2012, 12:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Install lm-sensors, and Psensors in Ubuntu.
Old January 4, 2012, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have those installed the only thing I am having problems with is I cannot see the fah terminal or the desktop toolbar
Old January 4, 2012, 12:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Using RDC in W7? Change the default resolution.