Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14, 2011, 05:03 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Hi all,

Got about 45% also.

Last update was a big one, so we are VERY close to getting the Big Dump.

Take care..........

* F@H Unit Points *
Old December 14, 2011, 05:51 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Same here.

And with that, we missed a few milestones...
Old December 14, 2011, 05:55 PM

My System Specs

I think I got most of what I've been owed.
Old December 14, 2011, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think I got all mine back, last time I checked I had 97kPPD for the last 7 days now I got 134k PPD which would be almost in line with my predicted miss. I don't think is everything but is a good sign. update : now I think I got everything, looks like I am good for 170k Points Per Week.

Last edited by MARSTG; December 15, 2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old December 15, 2011, 03:43 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I feel like a nub with you guys throwin around your 100k days and whatnot lol... you all runnin multiple systems or just manipulate your system much better than mine?
Old December 15, 2011, 04:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I am running 2 systems, the main one you can see it in my sig, and usually is a 20k ppd system. The other one is doing only SMP folding, is a Phenom II X940@3.3GHz generating around 30k points/week. I will be taking out the 9800GTX+ from the main system and add it to the second one, which belongs to my gf, and the 9800GTX+ will be replaced by a 9800GX2 which from what I have seen will add around more 10K PPD. In January 2012 also a new system will be added to the processing, consisting of 2 hexacore Opterons which will mean another 12-14k PPD but I might be selling the least productive system after that. My gf will get my present system and I will take the Opteron workstation, which can be upgraded with 6 video cards on regular pci and pci express. Granted they will only be low power cards like the GT430 or GT520 but 4xGT430 can generate about 16K PPD so the potential is pretty good. I might be even moving up the ranks and change the color on the kakao stats grill. That doesn't mean we manipulate the system but if you could run your machine under linux, yes, that could be done. But I think that practice is already coming to an end. To get legit bigadv units you will need a 1000$ machine.
Old December 15, 2011, 04:12 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninstrikr View Post
I feel like a nub with you guys throwin around your 100k days and whatnot lol... you all runnin multiple systems or just manipulate your system much better than mine?
They fall into a couple of categories:
- run bigadv on a couple of rigs, or bigadv and a bunch of video cards
- have a multi-processor rig

I was running a couple of bigadvs until recently ( I was good for about 120k consistent). Now I'm just running two smps and/or a GTX 580 in there with em and I'm good for betwee 50-70k.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 15, 2011, 05:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I run three SR-2's. Two dual 5645's and one 5639. All overclocked as far as they will go (it's limited by system bus) and running Ubuntu Linux v10.10 w/ the standard system tweaks as a bare metal install. They are dedicated folders / temporary virtual machine hosts (I run KVM on them) and run 110k-220k PPD each in bigadv, depending on which workunit it gets.

I have 4-5 workstations I own, to which I run regular smp folding every so often. Plus I have 4-5 servers in shop that are either test servers or to be rolled out to customers in the new year. A 980x @3.6Ghz 24GB DDR3 test box, two HP ML350 G6's with dual 5645 @ stock w/ 64GB DDR3 on the bench to be rolled out.. I sometimes run F@H at night or on the weekends. And a bunch of other random boxes. (Power at work is paid for, heh)

What i'm getting at is that it isn't a typical users PPD numbers that I spit out. I am in a unique position to which I can run a lot of high end servers and boxes, and contribute when they aren't in use or before we deploy them. F@H is actually a really good test for the system processors with respect to testing the fans and system temperatures. I would rather a box crap out on the bench, then after we deploy it.
If I were just running my workstations at home, I would be probably around 60k PPD.

And don't feel like a nub, cause everyone contributes what they can.. this is a TEAM effort and every box counts!

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old December 15, 2011, 07:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
And don't feel like a nub, cause everyone contributes what they can.. this is a TEAM effort and every box counts!

Word.........
Old December 15, 2011, 07:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechumbl View Post
Hi all,

Got about 45% also.

Last update was a big one, so we are VERY close to getting the Big Dump.

Take care..........

LOVE the avatar!