Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2011, 01:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If you build out the VM using this ISO: Folding@Home - Native Folding Image - LinuxForge.net then the sharing and all will be done for you already :)

Plus folding runs better in Linux vs Windows anyways. I take it your folding on the hypervisor directly and not via VMs? I don't think that's a good idea at all, as the folding process likely has higher priority than the Hyper-V process.

By using Hyper-V's resource priorities, you can set the folding VM to the lowest possible, so it won't impact any other VMs.
Old December 3, 2011, 07:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, if I run all 24 cores on the hypervisor it basically stops the VMs from running (it's a dual socket 5645 xeon, in a new HP ML350 G6 w/ 72GB ECC, Reg'd RAM ). The problem with running it in the VMs, is that you're limtited to 4 cores.. which kinda sucks. So I run -smp 20 right now on the baremetal with SBS2011 running as the only VM using the other 4 cores.. once again, it's not a production box yet - it's a customers server we're rolling out in the new year, we're just playing around with it right now.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.