Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2011, 01:20 PM
Rookie

Default I am thinking about changing teams!

I want to get into a team that has more f@h team members. I was going to quit f@h @ 30 million points but I use my rigs as a room heater in the winter time so I thought I might pass my point goal before it starts to get warm again. Would you mind if I joined your team for a short time til I decide if I want to continue. Question: If I change my f@h team will my points follow me.?
Old November 7, 2011, 01:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Unfortunatly, points dont transfer/follow you. Best you can do is come up with some sort of system where if you were so inclined you could claim them all and ppl would beleive you.

4DoorGTZ[HCF]
4DoorGTZ[H]
4DoorGTZ

but then there's a 4DoorGTZ[HCF] that folded 1m points for another team, since its not the same team as the active 4DoorGTZ[HCF] on this team they are not counted. The Stanford page does include them for the 4DoorGTZ[HCF] user though (most ppl use 3rdparty stats pages that dont include them)

Have an A-1 day!
Old November 7, 2011, 01:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hehe Oh folding teams
Sorry I had to post this
Wow there is a nice Folding PC
Old November 7, 2011, 01:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbironchef View Post
I want to get into a team that has more f@h team members. I was going to quit f@h @ 30 million points but I use my rigs as a room heater in the winter time so I thought I might pass my point goal before it starts to get warm again. Would you mind if I joined your team for a short time til I decide if I want to continue. Question: If I change my f@h team will my points follow me.?
Newcomers are always welcome here! Team number is 54196. You will find this a wonderful place if you decide to stick around.
Old November 7, 2011, 01:39 PM
Rookie

Shadowmeph, what are you talking about? I went to F@H forum and it seems that I am out of luck for transferring points so I guess I will stay where I am at. Edit: I think your folding team has more input and excitement than the team I'm on now.

Last edited by vbironchef; November 7, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old November 7, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbironchef View Post
Shadowmeph, what are you talking about? I went to F@H forum and it seems that I am out of luck for transferring points so I guess I will stay where I am at. Edit: I think your folding team has more input and excitement than the team I'm on now.
Of course we do....... we have the Beaver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 7, 2011, 01:49 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Our Team is quite active, especially during the Cold season - for the same reason you mentioned. You are Welcome onboard anytime.

And as others have mentioned, points cannot be transfered from 1 Team to another.
Old November 7, 2011, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There are a few people who actually fold for different teams, but hang around here nonetheless because the folding community is so vibrant here. Can't think of anyone off hand...

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old November 7, 2011, 02:10 PM
Rookie

Maybe if I could get some help with switching to linux to get the extra large or big units I might consider. There is a member on my team that gets like 230K per WU. That is pretty cool! I asked what the secret was and I did not hear a reply yet! I think that person wants to keep it that way. Right now I am trying to fold with the big-adv points but I'm not getting any of those wu anymore. I read that F@H is changing over to new servers and that is why I'm not getting any of those wu. Has anyone heard of this or am I just unlucky not to get the big-adv units anymore? Edit: Dead Things I couldn't agree with you more. Edit: Thanks, 3.0charlie
Old November 7, 2011, 02:19 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Both my folding servers have bigadv WUs. No shortage here, 250k ppd on the 4p (The Four Horsemen). And it's no secret how to set up Linux for folding: Ubuntu Desktop Installation Guide for F@H - [H]ard|Forum. Follow this guide, but I recommend not to install Langouste.

And even before considering using Linux for bigadv, what's are your folding rig specs?