Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2011, 10:38 AM
Rookie

Default folding vs bitcoin mineing

hi guys i was directed here for help on my overclocking and also started reading about
folding/bitcoin mineing which is better and more helpful
anyhow also looking for some items so ill post in the bst thread
Old November 3, 2011, 10:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Bit coin mining isn't really much for cancer research for the most part, and lately the market has tanked so its not really worth going into anymore.

Folding is all about cancer research and works better on nvidia graphics cards then amd. Chris our folding captain or some of our big hitting folders would be able to tell you more about Fold@home.
Old November 3, 2011, 11:33 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Hey good to hear you interested in folding! Its a way of donating your cpu for cancer and alzheimers' research.

here is a write-up I put together:
Folding@Home Windows and PS3 Starter's Guide: FAQ, Links to Guides
Fold for team #54196
Old November 4, 2011, 11:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

$3 bitcoin barely covers power, let alone hardware or any profit. Too bad it's amd for bitcoin and nvidia for folding.... Makes you very inefficient if you try to redirect your resources from one thing to the other (gpu wise)

Have an A-1 day!