Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2011, 04:28 PM
MVP

My System Specs

OK, haven't shown up on extreme yet so I'll have to check back to put my # in to HFM.NET... I'll see how this goes and check in tomorrow if I have any more questions... will probably end up running the GPU client for my GTX580...

Is there any way (other than running as a service) to minimize the smp console to the background or the systray?
Old November 1, 2011, 11:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Also... what is the proper way to stop folding with the console... Just close the command window?
Old November 1, 2011, 11:56 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

To stop the client momentarily, yes, you can just close the window. If you want to stop folding for an extended period of time you can have the client shutdown when the work unit is finished. Shut the client down, right click the shortcut, go to properties and add the flag " -oneunit" in the "target" box without the quotation marks and making sure to leave a space after the exe". ["blah.blah.exe" -oneunit] then restart the client.

Last edited by SwingOP3; November 2, 2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old November 2, 2011, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe it would be much easier if you would fold using the FAH GPU tracker V2. It is much more visual.
Attached Images

Old November 2, 2011, 07:38 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Hi Mikellini,
Once you have completed your 10 regular WU's and you switch over to -bigadv you may want to shut down the gpu folding if it is on the same machine. The big advantage wu's yield bonus points for faster completion times. That is an awesome overclock on your cpu. Is it water cooled?
Old November 2, 2011, 10:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikellini View Post
Also... what is the proper way to stop folding with the console... Just close the command window?
Hit Ctrl-C.
Old November 2, 2011, 12:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Hit Ctrl-C.
Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
Hi Mikellini,
Once you have completed your 10 regular WU's and you switch over to -bigadv you may want to shut down the gpu folding if it is on the same machine. The big advantage wu's yield bonus points for faster completion times. That is an awesome overclock on your cpu. Is it water cooled?
So I'd get more points just running the CPU? I thought the GPU client gave tons of points, especially with something powerful.

Yep, I'm running a CoolIT Boreas on both the CPU and GPU, it's a pretty good overclock, especially with only 1.375 vCore. I'm thinking about tuning it down to 4200 though, less vCore and much less heat
Old November 2, 2011, 12:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Once you have completed your 10 SMP units and have a -bigadv unit folding, just monitor your PPD for 3 frames with the GPU folding, and 3 frames without the GPU folding. You'll find out in a hurry whether it's worthwhile. On my machine, it adds more total PPD to fold with the GPU, although my CPU PPD takes a hit. Your setup might be different.
Old November 2, 2011, 12:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Will do... Oh yeah, I was going to ask if anyone was using the v7 client full time at this point, or just beta testing? Seems like a major step forward in ease of installation and use for the average joe... Does it work as well as running separate clients for CPU/GPU in v6?
Old November 3, 2011, 03:34 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I have a v7 running full time on a Qx6700 with a HD5970 , 1 cpu and 2 gpu slots. Works fine.