Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24, 2011, 08:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default How to configure?

Ok so I have been folding for about one week and I have the fah running in the back ground on my main PC I am wondering how I can config fah so that when I am using my PC ( usually during the day) fah will use less cpu and when I am not using my PC then the folding can go back to its normal usage. I am asking this because it my PC has been lagging a bit at times when I am on it so like I mentioned I would like to turn down ( not off) the folding cpu usage while I am using it.
Or even how to set up two configs one for when I am on my PC and the other when I am not on my pc that I could just load like say before I go to bed
Old September 24, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

if you are using FAH GPU tracker, there are rules you can set about the load of the CPU, if you are doing SMP folding, like set it at 80% let's say. One other thing would be to put at work only 3 cores let's say, if you have a quad core.
Old September 24, 2011, 01:00 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Here's a link, just in case:
FAH GPU Tracker V2 - Home

and a forum specifically for the tracker:
http://fahtracker.forumotion.com/forum

I really like the FAH GPU Tracker V2, very easy to setup, lots of options to tailor the system, just as MARSTG said.

Happy folding!