Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2011, 05:57 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Default F@H client help

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hello and possibly ask for some help about FAH.
Just started folding last week when I found out about the hole thing from being on the forum for the past 2 months now and thought I'd add to the pot by folding.

I have some questions though in regards to multiple clients.

Originaly I installed and am running client 6.23, set to machine id 2.
Today I browsed the FAH forums quickly and got the new beta 6.34 which I am running now WITH the other client 6.23. I put one on machine id 1 (6.34) and as I said machine id 2 (6.23). Is this correct?

Also I have my passkey now does this mean I have to use the same username of if they differ will it still be linked to one profiles using my pass key. user id (Esotericrj).

Last but not least I enabled -smp on client 6.34. I am running a Xeon E5430 on winxp 8GB ram its a dell T7400 for full specs ( my work computer). Can I run bigadv units on this setup or just stick to big general units?

I am going to start folding at home on my new machine soon and contribute as much as I can. Seems to be my little addiction growing :P . My home rig is a I7-2600k P8Z68 with Asus ENGTX 570 in SLI. I think it should fold nicely but I dont know how to get the full potential in regards to F@H settins on it yet.

Anyway thanks guys.
Old September 21, 2011, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

welcome to the folding team. bigadv is available only for machines that offer 8 threads, like the i7, 4 cores with HT. your xeon has only 4 cores and no ht but should be fine for smp. best case scenario, you can add another one if the mobo allows it
Old September 21, 2011, 07:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Welcome to the fold Its my understanding you should enter the same userid and passkey on every client you are running to have your profile get all the credit.

I do know that with the 570s it is better to fold on them when they are not in SLI. Each of them will require some cpu usage, but you should be able to run a smp client on that machine at the same time. I am not sure if running your rig in that set up or just running a smp client on there will give you the best ppd/power ratio though.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank