Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2011, 05:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Newb here, how do I find PPD?

Hey all,

I am newb when it comes to foldingt and I am a part time folder. How do I check my ppd's and or how many points did I accumulate for a certain unit etc.?
Old August 31, 2011, 05:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Using either fahmon or hfm.net to monitor your folding. This thread shows how to set them up: How to set up HFM.NET and FahMon to monitor Folding@home progress. Now with videos. I think most people here prefer hfm.net

edit: Extreme Overclocking.com is nice enough to compile everyone's stats: your_friendly_gamer - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 31, 2011, 05:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Sweet thank you
Old August 31, 2011, 05:43 PM
Banned
F@H

and youll probably be getting a good 12-15k on the card :)

thanks for the contributions maite!

dont forget ya siggy~!
Old August 31, 2011, 05:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thats pretty good number there Dan. How many ppd's I can get on a 480 which I recently purchased but it's in the mail, if you have an idea etc.

Thanks
Old August 31, 2011, 06:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

OCN has a pretty detailed spreadsheet showing what people have gotten for ppd...https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...2Z01jQmc&gid=0

This is the same sort of spreadsheet that Chrisk is starting to set up for us here.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 31, 2011, 06:17 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks again, eventually I am looking to build a system strictly for folding, due to the slow *** internet I currently have I do part time folding when I get a chance!

I think I am going to use my current build put it in a small case like maybe 912, put one good nvidia card in, and just leave it running 24/7.
Old August 31, 2011, 06:22 PM
Banned
F@H

480,perhaps 15-20k?

i dont fold fermis over 460's due to electricity concerns and cheapness,especially cheapness :D

im sure a few in here will have the numbers ready for ya. right guys? :)
Old August 31, 2011, 06:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I am using that spreadsheet as a guide to help me look at ways to increase the production of my Dell and its HD5750 with killing my pocket book.
Old August 31, 2011, 06:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

5750? I heard AMD cards do not earn many points. Looking at the spreadsheet as well. Ah you mean without killing your pocket book:P

I had a 5750, I loved it for gaming, becasue one it was an alright card, and 2nd it would run friggin so cool. I dont like my 280 much, I have one fan blowing into it from the side, and one blowing at it from the front, and when I fold, I run the gpu fan at 80 percent to keep my temps below 66 degrees C.

But that's pretty good from the 280's. You need a good psu as these draw lots of power.

I think you can get like a 550TI or something like that for around 125 or so taxes in on sales and that would increase your production quite a bit from the 5750.