Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Well apparently it donest really effect flow. I have a ton of extra tubing should I want to re-do it. I might transplant the machine into the CM690 I have too.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old January 31, 2008, 02:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
With a Dual Core, you'll have the best production using the SMP Client, shown as "Windows 2000/XP/Vista SMP client console version 5.91 beta" on the FAH download page. It's the last client of the High-performance Windows section.

Or you can install the same second client that you already have, but in a different folder. Also if you do so, make sure that the Machine ID is different from both clients - ie. 1 and 2.
Thanks 3.0Charlie, I'll pause after WU finishes then try the other client.

SMP = Super Multicore Processor?
Old January 31, 2008, 02:24 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Not quite... Symmetric multiprocessing. Symmetric multiprocessing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Let us know the difference in ppd between both clients.
Old January 31, 2008, 05:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Not quite... Symmetric multiprocessing. Symmetric multiprocessing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Let us know the difference in ppd between both clients.
Was 224 ppd before, it's working at 100% now. It will back off as I do other tasks, obviously. I'll leave it alone for a couple of hours and see how it does.
Must be working hard, Q-fan just kicked up my fan speed while writing this.

We'll see how I do after the weekend, just picked up my GA-P35-DS3L and E8400 from NCIX.
Old January 31, 2008, 05:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Now keep a close eye on those temps... And nice DS3L - 8400 combo! Personally, I'm waiting for the Q9450...
Old January 31, 2008, 06:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Now keep a close eye on those temps... And nice DS3L - 8400 combo! Personally, I'm waiting for the Q9450...
Temps fine - 49 processor, 42 northbridge. I've never really pushed the OC on this machine because it's my "daily driver". I want it to be rock solid, nothing I hate more than BSOD when I'm just about to snipe some punk. When I transfer the guts into Lindsey's machine we'll see what it can do. As long as she can see her Facebook page, she's happy.

No solid release date on the Q9450 yet that I've heard. I was going to get the E6850, then waited 2 months for the E8400 once I heard about it. Not quite patient enough to wait another 2-3 months.

Just checked FahMon, says PPD is 1483!?! Up from 224 on old gui client. Can that be right? I'd expect 2-3 times the production, but not 6 times the production.
Old January 31, 2008, 06:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Temps fine - 49 processor, 42 northbridge. I've never really pushed the OC on this machine because it's my "daily driver". I want it to be rock solid, nothing I hate more than BSOD when I'm just about to snipe some punk. When I transfer the guts into Lindsey's machine we'll see what it can do. As long as she can see her Facebook page, she's happy.
Transfer guts, eh? I think we've all done that at least once! What they don't know can't hurt them...

Quote:
No solid release date on the Q9450 yet that I've heard. I was going to get the E6850, then waited 2 months for the E8400 once I heard about it. Not quite patient enough to wait another 2-3 months.
Oh! But I am that patient... I'm very patient. And the wait will allow me to gather up funds for 2 of them...

Quote:
Just checked FahMon, says PPD is 1483!?! Up from 224 on old gui client. Can that be right? I'd expect 2-3 times the production, but not 6 times the production.
Yes Sir. And that's under Windows. Now if you install VmWare, run Linux Ubuntu with a single Linux SMP client, you will have a Dual Core capable of 2000+ ppd. Just like my E6400.
Old January 31, 2008, 07:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Transfer guts, eh? I think we've all done that at least once! What they don't know can't hurt them...
She'll be happy with the E6400 over the 3800+, I catch her on my machine a couple times a week because "it's so much faster"

Quote:
Oh! But I am that patient... I'm very patient. And the wait will allow me to gather up funds for 2 of them...
I was patiently going to wait until tomorrow to put new mobo and 8400 in this machine, but I can see them staring at me, asking me to try them out.

Quote:
Yes Sir. And that's under Windows. Now if you install VmWare, run Linux Ubuntu with a single Linux SMP client, you will have a Dual Core capable of 2000+ ppd. Just like my E6400.
I've always wanted to muck around with Linux, this might be a good excuse to actually take the time to do it. Or I wait a couple weeks, pick up a new HD for this thing, and put together a dual-boot system out of the old wreckage.
Old January 31, 2008, 07:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heck I have 5 Linux Instances next to me right now, and I don't even use it... but I should at least learn it. VmWare is great, since it's a sandbox environment. It allocates an amount of HDD Gbs to the new instance, without ever impacting Windows. So you can install Linux very easily from an .iso CD, and play with it as much as you like. You can even use you network to link Linux and Windows allowing you to access files and folders.

With a setup like such, no need for new hardware. Also you can install the FAH Linux SMP beta, giving you even better ppds...

You're hooked, and you don't even know it yet... I started too with the GUI Client. Check out my sig, and you'll understand where that lead me...
Old February 1, 2008, 12:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Default I broke it

OK, transplanted new mobo and CPU into machine, got everything back up and running, tried to run F@H SMP console and it flashes past and exits.

Uninstalled, re-downloaded, re-installed, same problem.

Ideas?

I'm about to uninstall, put old GUI version back on and see if that works, then rebuild from there.