Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2011, 01:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Question SMP and GPU2 at sametime?

Okay put a HD 5750 into my Dell. Currently that proc...E6300 1.86Ghz is folding using an smp client. Turns in a WU about every 30 hours...600pts or so. I want to fold the gpu on the gpu2 client. I know it will only produce around 1500-2000ppd...thats still more than what I am getting now.

Is it worth my time to run the gpu2 and smp at the sametime, or should I just run the gpu client?
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 5, 2011, 01:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

450ppd isnt worth it for smp, just use gpu2
Old August 5, 2011, 05:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Pretty much what I figured. What is the best monitoring a gpu client?
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 5, 2011, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

HFM.net
Old August 5, 2011, 05:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

little slow today. Forgot I had set up hfm.net during the last Chimp Challenge so just went and added the gpu client. Going to let the cpu client finish this Wu before I stop it...at about 60% right now.

GPU client at about 10% already....3 min tpf
Old August 5, 2011, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

should pick up an nivida card and run gpu3 ;)
Old August 7, 2011, 06:08 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The 5750 is going through 4-5 WUs a day....way better than the smp client that was I running. Been thinking about getting a Nvidia card for it. Going to get my main build sorted out, then turn my old Dell into some sort of file server/folding rig. It will never reach the output of some the people here, but its better than nothing.
Old August 7, 2011, 06:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Your GPU should support the newer client: New Beta Client v7! - ATI folders rejoice!
If you're using GPU2 though, don't forget that it will eat at least 10% of your CPU time and slow down your SMP even more, so I wouldn't do GPU2 + SMP.

If you turn that computer into a file server, the SMP folding will be better if you use Linux. My Dell with a stock E6400 2.13 GHz is getting ~1600 PPD. The computer runs NO GPU, so I only use remote access (SSH) to interact with it.
Old August 7, 2011, 07:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to suggest to use the beta client 7 as it reportedly gives more ppd for ATI cards then GPU2 did, as well as it contains its own monitoring client within it now.
Old August 7, 2011, 08:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

My gpu2 client is less than an hour away from completing a WU. I will check out the v7 client then, I was unaware that it had the ability to monitor itself now.