Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2011, 11:41 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Looks like Linux is in my future, been awhile since I used it though. Should be good for some more grey hairs...
My my rant about 2 mins ago in the rant thread.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 4, 2011, 12:09 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
275k+, Hexas @ 3.6.
Indeed,

tpf ~25:56, will take around 1.8 days to complete according to the smp points calculator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Looks like Linux is in my future, been awhile since I used it though. Should be good for some more grey hairs...
Just use the Musky Mix and it's easy. It also has a link to a basic Ubuntu install guide including partitioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
My my rant about 2 mins ago in the rant thread.

Quote:
Frikkin Linux/Ubuntu. If these guys want to make it big time they have to get with the program and make it easier still for Windows users to migrate over.

Just wanted to create an ext3 partition, and point Ubuntu there and press install. Instead, I get root errors and mounting issues....had to go through a few google searches to realize that I needed a frikkin "/" in an advanced menu to install to the drive I frikkin wanted.

Think I got it but why could I not just point to a frikkin partition and press install like Windoze??
It's not any harder than it used to be just to get F@H to run, we've gotten spoiled...

If I can do it anybody can...

Old June 4, 2011, 12:14 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I'm trying a second install. If I come across any further problems or continue to stick at this one I'll have to create a help thread of my own. Right now the installer won't see the WD Black drive and partition I want to install to...only sees the WD Green drive I have. Funny thing is the LiveCD will see all the drives no problem. If it was a straight-up install onto one disk installed on the mobo then I would be sailing but I seem to be missing something and the threads and guides I have been point to don't seem to address it.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 4, 2011, 12:22 PM
Banned
F@H

wow,that musky post thingie is probably the most straight forward guide ive seen to date. thanks for the heads up

*bookmarks and saves it
Old June 4, 2011, 12:39 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
I'm trying a second install. If I come across any further problems or continue to stick at this one I'll have to create a help thread of my own. Right now the installer won't see the WD Black drive and partition I want to install to...only sees the WD Green drive I have. Funny thing is the LiveCD will see all the drives no problem. If it was a straight-up install onto one disk installed on the mobo then I would be sailing but I seem to be missing something and the threads and guides I have been point to don't seem to address it.
I haven't tried to install it alongside win yet so can't help there.

The article I read in a magazine did say to make sure to defrag win7 first otherwise it will hog all the partitions unless it's a new install also.

Have you tried disconnecting the green to see if it will make a difference...

Old June 4, 2011, 12:52 PM
Banned
F@H

watch out,make sure it goes on a different partition. i screwed winders just this morning when i chose 'alongside' :D
Old June 4, 2011, 01:05 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Omg. Why did I just sell one of them.
OMG. I just sold 4 of them Talk about wrong timing.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old June 4, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dang, be a week before I get home to try it. Keep us updated.
Old June 4, 2011, 01:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I switched my SR-2 over to -bigbeta, It hasn't picked up a new unit yet.. it still picked up a P6901 this morning with the -bigbeta flag on.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old June 4, 2011, 02:16 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
I switched my SR-2 over to -bigbeta, It hasn't picked up a new unit yet.. it still picked up a P6901 this morning with the -bigbeta flag on.
Me too. All set up and I got a 6901. I'll report as soon as I get one on my 970.
Fold for team #54196