Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2011, 08:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Well, after seeing guys talk about recruiting this blade and that server farm in the Chimp Chat, I feel no regret about setting up the 10 PCs at work tomorrow. Normally, I only fire up my personal hardware, but now I'm more determined.

For the science!
You forgot YouTube - Doctor Evil finger
Old May 8, 2011, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
For the science!
Damn straight......
Old May 8, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok, I have a GTX460 and a EN9600GSO V2 folding atm. I know it is not much, but it helps add up. :)
The GTX460 is running at 56C, and according to asus smartdoctor, the 9600GSO at 48C.
Normally the 460 is at 51, but it lost some breathing room when I added the 9600. :/

When I say that I want companies to make a (sub-$300)motherboard with at least 10 slots I mean it!
http://poopr.org/images/73auhl0tz7df84kkjwcv.jpg
Old May 8, 2011, 08:57 PM
Banned
F@H

man o man this thread has turned from chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to take that! :D

go folders!!!!!!!

im starting to like this handicap lol
Old May 8, 2011, 09:26 PM
Allstar

I agree, nice to see the change in attitude. I started folding just for this challenge and putting out a measly 5k (at most) haha but I wanted to contribute in anyway I can. So yeah, let's just kick some ass all the same. I have an old server here with dual Xeon 3.0ghz and 2gb of ram. Not sure what piece of crap card is in it but I might just see if I can get any points out of it. Worst case scenario I have a 4670 I can throw in there. Might be good for 200 points :) Would the OS make a difference. if so make a suggestion and I'll use that.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old May 8, 2011, 09:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
I am not doing this because I care about some fictional prize.

I do it because I give a shit about the science.
If I'm doing it because I give a shit about the science, I would be folding under my name. I'm giving up like 9K PPD (don't fold 24/7) and putting it towards the Chimp Challenge instead of putting it towards my own username.

And if it was fair, the competition would be a lot closer between first and last place. Instead, we have a 20 point Chimp Challenge gap between first and last place. If the method of calculating Chimp Challenge points differ because NCIX's contribution was greater than expected which gave us an "unfair advantage", it's only fair that everyone else have their Chimp Challenge points calculation method revised as well in order to make it a tight race.
Old May 8, 2011, 09:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
man o man this thread has turned from chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to take that! :D

go folders!!!!!!!

im starting to like this handicap lol
For some reason me too. I gave my PS3 a good cleaning and fired it up. She's now purrrrrring like a kitten, Last time I folded on it it got loud, The fan sounded like a jet motor. It's nice to know it goes that fast. It's done 1506WU's then I retired it. When we started the CC I thought I could let her sit this 1 out, I was wrong.
Oh ya , BT, He's now folding too
Old May 8, 2011, 10:36 PM
Banned
F@H

its a bit like the stop light scene..

you know...

the guy with the ls3 twin turbo'ed lets the guy with the ricer go first,then stomps the gas :D
Old May 8, 2011, 11:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
For some reason me too. I gave my PS3 a good cleaning and fired it up...
Haha... thanks badatcards - I forgot to change the team number on my PS3 whoohoo another 1000 ppd I hope
Old May 9, 2011, 03:48 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Well, after seeing guys talk about recruiting this blade and that server farm in the Chimp Chat, I feel no regret about setting up the 10 PCs at work tomorrow. Normally, I only fire up my personal hardware, but now I'm more determined.

For the science!
I did this last night.. Remoted into work and changed the name/team/key on the 5x dual and quad xeon servers.. it should amount to approx 200-210k PPD extra.. and i'll run it til the end of the chimp challenge.

I never folded before on the servers in production, I used F@H to test the cpu when we got them to see what kind of PPD they ran. This pissed me off enough to set it up last night.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.