Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2011, 06:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Last year I was very happy with 5th place and this year I would have bin happy with whatever as long as we tryed. Now all I want to do is win this CC and fallow it up next year with back to back win's, Regardless of what handicap they through at us. If we were to split up HWC and NCIX as 2 team entry's into the cc we would lose are "team Canada" gimmick( not good).

I did not mind the old rules, We only need to try to get every Canadian on board for these CC's to show up EVGA in a strait up point's race. Sure it could take a few years, but I think we could do that. . Right now we would be in 5th going by the old rules
Old May 8, 2011, 06:18 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Yes and No. To a certain extent. Even we never agreed there was a complete merging of the two teams, and yet, with nearly 40% of our first days PPD coming from NCIX folders, clearly that wasn't the case.

Again, the idea was there would be 10-15% participation from NCIX, in line with what we saw last year, and what we have throughout the year.
As it turns out, participation was an average of 30% (higher on the first few days), which is a far cry from "moderate/modest" support. It is full fledged support by a much stronger contingent than ANYONE expected.

It VERY clearly crosses the line between fringe/sporadic support and being a full fledged part of our backbone.

It was special circumstances to take into account something that maybe should have been in place in the first place, if all of the captain's had been psychic and could see in the future and predict that our NCIX support was much larger than anyone anticipated I suppose the rules would have been different to start.

--------

When another team puts about 50% of their total weight behind another CC team, then it's safe to say the issue would be brought up again.
The rules allowed recruiting. We knew some of NCIX would join. BUT no one knew how many would jump into the fold, AND no one knew how much ppd EACH member would actually transfer over. So your 30% assessment is wrong, since you calculated after the fact.

The Team recruited, and we got more than we anticipated. Perfect. And because of this we now get a slap on the wrists? Come on.

This is a joke.

edit: The other issue I have is the following: take a look at our Team's number of regular folders, vs. the other Teams. I'ts quite obvious that ANY recruitment meant a substantial increase in PPD. I ain't surprised at all by the numbers we are outputting.
Old May 8, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Yes and No. To a certain extent. Even we never agreed there was a complete merging of the two teams, and yet, with nearly 40% of our first days PPD coming from NCIX folders, clearly that wasn't the case.

Again, the idea was there would be 10-15% participation from NCIX, in line with what we saw last year, and what we have throughout the year.
As it turns out, participation was an average of 30% (higher on the first few days), which is a far cry from "moderate/modest" support. It is full fledged support by a much stronger contingent than ANYONE expected.

It VERY clearly crosses the line between fringe/sporadic support and being a full fledged part of our backbone.

It was special circumstances to take into account something that maybe should have been in place in the first place, if all of the captain's had been psychic and could see in the future and predict that our NCIX support was much larger than anyone anticipated I suppose the rules would have been different to start.

--------

When another team puts about 50% of their total weight behind another CC team, then it's safe to say the issue would be brought up again.

Eh so what.

Every team participating is recruiting as fast as they can.**** em. so can we.

Old May 8, 2011, 06:26 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Explain to me how that is HONEST recruit? The NCIX contingent created a thread 3 months in advance about their involvement.

Quote:
BUT no one knew how many would jump into the fold, AND no one knew how much ppd EACH member would actually transfer over
No but there was a reasonable expectation that the amount would not be so large. At 10-15% it was acceptable, but when it became 40-50% of our regular 24H PPD, it definitely became a factor. That's basically a whole other team from one SPECIFIC source.

NCIX has become a PART of our CC team, therefore, their involved HAS to be taken into consideration when establishing a baseline.

Last edited by FiXT; May 8, 2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old May 8, 2011, 06:27 PM
MVP
F@H

Where's all this data coming from anyhow? Thirty (30) percent of DAILY PPD? "Because they're PPD went down by *THAT* much", isn't very scientific is it? Forty (40) percent of our first day output? Where did that come from as well? All I know is, pretty everybody who joined from HWC also tried to maximize their output. So where does that figure? In somebody's imagination?

I wouldn't mind if they chopped it in half. Just have some factual data to back it up at least.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old May 8, 2011, 06:30 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeven View Post
Where's all this data coming from anyhow? Thirty (30) percent of DAILY PPD? "Because they're PPD went down by *THAT* much", isn't very scientific is it? Forty (40) percent of our first day output? Where did that come from as well? All I know is, pretty everybody who joined from HWC also tried to maximize their output. So where does that figure? In somebody's imagination?
From the cold hard number facts.

NCIX Avg PPD (over previous 3 weeks before challenge): 2,603, 931

Current Daily Decrease in PPD
05/06: 964 580
05/07: 1 031 001

Beavers_Gone_Bananas PPD During Challenge:
05/06 : 2 663 292
05/07 : 3 638 225

Percentage of NCIX contribution
05/06: 36%
05/07: 28%

If light of this new information, I would decrease the suggested handicap increase to a 30% maximum.

Thus the new HWC handicap would become 301,917

Last edited by FiXT; May 8, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old May 8, 2011, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Unadulterated bullshit this is, of the highest high grade. If HWC wins, it gets what exactly? A virtual trophy. Big fricking deal. Sounds like it's high time for some bratty little girls to do some growing up.

Barf.

Chrisk, you are a diplomat of epic stature. If I were in your shoes, I likely would have said something having to do with the sweat from my balls.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old May 8, 2011, 06:40 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Explain to me how that is HONEST recruit? The NCIX contingent created a thread 3 months in advance about their involvement.

No but there was a reasonable expectation that the amount would not be so large. At 10-15% it was acceptable, but when it became 40-50% of our regular 24H PPD, it definitely became a factor. That's basically a whole other team from one SPECIFIC source.

NCIX has become a PART of our CC team, therefore, their involved HAS to be taken into consideration when establishing a baseline.
It was a known fact that some of their members would join us. Again, no one knew how much of an impact they would become - and the other captains were aware that any increase in ppd would show greatly during the Challenge. It's as Honest as it can be.

Whatever the Captains agreed upon back then should have been stuck to. Someone made a mistake. Now, to fix this we'll increase our ppd even more. And I sure hope the WHOLE forum kicks it up in high gear.
Old May 8, 2011, 06:45 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Now, to fix this we'll increase our ppd even more. And I sure hope the WHOLE forum kicks it up in high gear.
100% agreed. Let's get 'er done.
Old May 8, 2011, 06:48 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
From the cold hard number facts.

NCIX Avg PPD (over previous 3 weeks before challenge): 2,603, 931

Current Daily Decrease in PPD
05/06: 964 580
05/07: 1 031 001

Beavers_Gone_Bananas PPD During Challenge:
05/06 : 2 663 292
05/07 : 3 638 225

Percentage of NCIX contribution
05/06: 36%
05/07: 28%

If light of this new information, I would decrease the suggested handicap increase to a 30% maximum.

Thus the new HWC handicap would become 301,917
So you just assumed that the drop was due to everybody switching and did not account for sporadic variations in your data. Perfect. But I guess it's better that pulling it from somebody's ***.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches