Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2011, 04:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

last year I used this race to tell everyone I new about folding. I even Emailed the Breakfast tv news (Toronto) host's and asked them to come and check out HWC and this cool F@H CC race Canada is entering to try to find a cure for cancer and for them to join and plug us on tv. They did not even reply.... I was going to do it again this year but I dont have cable or satalight tv to watch them so I never did. And with all the headaches this year and people thinking we are cheating I'm glad I did not. I'm sure now if we did get some tv time all the other team's would cry foul anyway. How dare we try recruit people that way, Thats not fair. I really hope we still win because i'll bug BTV next year for sure to try to get back to back wins.
If by some chance they said ok to plugging us on tv, anyone here live in TO want to be on tv. I'm camera shy and live to far away
Old May 8, 2011, 04:33 PM
Rookie

Dude, u cant give in to whining nerds - it sets a bad precedent...

Rules should not be changed midway to make it competitive - it's fn stupid and makes me want to quit.

Why not just give 1st place to OCD and just call the thing?
Old May 8, 2011, 04:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

This is pretty much bullshit.. sore losers with their tinfoil hats and conspiracy's.

Teams should be able to recruit whoever they want to rally at their side.. if EVGA got another top 10 team to join with them - all the better! But no.. we have loser complainers who can't take a thumpin.

Count me out of next years challenge, I don't want to read this bullshit year over year.. it's supposed to be a friendly competition to get people interested in folding, not point fingers and call others cheaters.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old May 8, 2011, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
This is pretty much bullshit.. sore losers with their tinfoil hats and conspiracy's.

Teams should be able to recruit whoever they want to rally at their side.. if EVGA got another top 10 team to join with them - all the better! But no.. we have loser complainers who can't take a thumpin.

Count me out of next years challenge, I don't want to read this bullshit year over year.. it's supposed to be a friendly competition to get people interested in folding, not point fingers and call others cheaters.
+1. When I was at the smack talk site the other day, it was this member from EVGA who was complaining. Everyone else from OCN understood our position and quickly shot him down. They all understood how unfair the competition was last year and the advantages and disadvantages each system had.
Old May 8, 2011, 05:24 PM
Rookie
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
well at least you know which team(s) you can join :)
More accurately I know wich teams I can not join, for instance any of the 8 other teams in this competition that are captained by people who advocate, or are willing to go along with, rule changes part way through the game to better their chances.

Edit: Honestly I'd drop out of this event right now if it wouldn't make an already unfair situation more unfair to the HWC team
Old May 8, 2011, 05:40 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Let me get this straight. I personally added 200k ppd, on top of my typical ~50k ppd.

1. Rules were discussed, and agreed upon by all captains.
2. Captains made sure that their respective Team members were aware (but not necessarily UNDERSTOOD) of the change of rules.
3. This Challenge is made as a friendly competition between the top teams, and promote Folding as a whole.
4. The captains were aware of our "particular" relationship with NCIX.
5. Take a look at our Team's individual members output. Basically the Top 20 are in the Challenge (minus a few stray work units).
6. Our team made sure that we met all rules, and managed to bring in new folders to become the most powerful team.
7. From the start we build a formidable team, even receiving kudos from members of other teams, especially about how we managed to bring in all our folders under a single entity.
8. I won't go into details about the bitchin' and whinin' from the other teams...
9. Rules get changed DURING the Challenge? Wrong decision from the Captains. Sorry, but this is a slap in the face and shows how the true essence of Folding got put aside.

This creates a precedent. What's the point then.

This will be my last Challenge.
Old May 8, 2011, 05:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

whoa.

Everyone take a deep breath.

-

I am not doing this because I care about some fictional prize.

I do it because I give a shit about the science.

This is supposed to be a competition for fun.Go ahead change the rules. I don't care , I'll fold harder.

Stop whining you pussies.Let's get to what matters.

!

edit :

I'm gonna call everyone I know with a computer,farm, or datacenter , and cram WU's down The CC's throat.we'll see what's what.

Last edited by BrainEater; May 8, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old May 8, 2011, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
I am not doing this because I care about some fictional prize.

I do it because I give a shit about the science.

My dad is supposedly at high risk for Alzheimers. While the potential prizes here might make folding for CC sweeter, the science is what it's for.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old May 8, 2011, 06:07 PM
MVP
F@H

This is my last Chimp Challenge too
Old May 8, 2011, 06:08 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Let me get this straight. I personally added 200k ppd, on top of my typical ~50k ppd.

4. The captains were aware of our "particular" relationship with NCIX.
Yes and No. To a certain extent. Even we never agreed there was a complete merging of the two teams, and yet, with nearly 40% of our first days PPD coming from NCIX folders, clearly that wasn't the case.

Again, the idea was there would be 10-15% participation from NCIX, in line with what we saw last year, and what we have throughout the year.
As it turns out, participation was an average of 30% (higher on the first few days), which is a far cry from "moderate/modest" support. It is full fledged support by a much stronger contingent than ANYONE expected.

It VERY clearly crosses the line between fringe/sporadic support and being a full fledged part of our backbone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie;513271
[I
9. Rules get changed DURING the Challenge? Wrong decision from the Captains. Sorry, but this is a slap in the face and shows how the true essence of Folding got put aside.[/I]
It was special circumstances to take into account something that maybe should have been in place in the first place, if all of the captain's had been psychic and could see in the future and predict that our NCIX support was much larger than anyone anticipated I suppose the rules would have been different to start.

Also, the rules weren't change, in fact the rules weren't even altered. Simply a calculation was altered to better reflect the "base" power of a particular team.

Sorry guys, but with the way it was, we had an unfair advantage. It was not something we "worked" for, it was something that was handed, dare I say, expected by us and it turned out to be a much bigger issue than originally anticipated.

When another team puts about 50% of their total weight behind another CC team, then it's safe to say the issue would be brought up again.

-------

What frustrates me more is the amount of animosity being spewed by so many involved.
I honestly feel that this Chimp Challenge could have been one of the best one yet, but there are a few focused characters who are determined to undermine the entire challenge and simply spread their attitude and personal disgust like a disease to everyone they come in contact with. No pointing fingers but they are very easy to spot as you browse the various forums.

If we were winning or losing, I think this CC setup is 10x better than the old method. It takes into account so many more factors than just how much you can pay people to fold for you, I think it is relatively fair aside from a few obstacles which, in my opinion, is the problems with the individual teams and their leaders - not the scoring system.

Either way, I would hope we are able to continue this next year, but the amount of "butthurt" going around makes it all look pretty grim

Last edited by FiXT; May 8, 2011 at 06:24 PM.