Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2011, 12:18 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
I hope it was not just are team's ppd AVG was adjusted? Every team brought in big ringers from other team's for this, NOT just us. Just because the people on their team's are points hog's and dont want to join the CC should not be are problem, but some how it is. The fact we were able to get people to switch over from another team just should go to show they got to work harder as a team, and not to be points hogs. they should not be blaming us for their bad performance, They should be blaming the people on their team's for not switching or trying to recruit new members.
No it was just ours.

And sure, we can bring in ringers to. But we brought in 30% of another team and there was also a general understanding beforehand that another team would participate.

The idea of the handicap is that it is a function of your expected PPD - the NCIX factor was such a large and overwhelming factor that it couldn't be ignored and there is justification to the idea of us having a handicap that reflects the co-operation.

----

The separate matter about certain teams complaining it is unfair to them because they are such a big team and have difficultly organizing & mobilizing such a large and uninterested group is something else.

Yes there is merit to it, but at the same time - I have to say that is more a fault of the team than it is the point system - I don't see much of a reason the system should be set up to address and ignore teams inefficiencies, otherwise there could never be a perfect method.
Old May 8, 2011, 01:17 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well let's just keep on folding and ignore the distraction and the changes IMO.
Win or lose this team has made a wonderful contribution/effort and has much to feel good about.
I wish all the teams the best and that they all can feel as good about their effort as we can.
Old May 8, 2011, 01:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Should we be looking to see if any of the other CC team's host's site's Crunch/Bionic/Poem team have taken a big ppd hit so we have something to complain about.
Old May 8, 2011, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Chimp challenge to Gimp challenge, if the rules are going to be changed a couple of day's into it, you might as well not bother switching over. I doubled my own production for this, to piss 30% of that away because of some whiners...
Old May 8, 2011, 02:08 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Chimp challenge to Gimp challenge, if the rules are going to be changed a couple of day's into it, you might as well not bother switching over. I doubled my own production for this, to piss 30% of that away because of some whiners...
We are still winning because of folks like yourself Dr. Also, because of the 97% switch over rate we got forum-wide, and the folks at NCIX are still getting us points as it was not a 30% total increase.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 8, 2011, 02:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Wait, if you read TPU forums, they just recruited someone with 700K PPD. That's unfair, the PPD/CP for them should be raised by 70,000 to roughly 280K/CP. We're all trying to be fair in this competition, no?
Old May 8, 2011, 02:23 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
Wait, if you read TPU forums, they just recruited someone with 700K PPD. That's unfair, the PPD/CP for them should be raised by 70,000 to roughly 280K/CP. We're all trying to be fair in this competition, no?

It we get penalized, then any one else recruiting from other forums should as well. Although honestly they are so far behind it wouldn't help them much.
Old May 8, 2011, 02:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All this left me a bad taste in my mouth. Punish those who work hard and go out their way to recruited other folders doesn't sit well with me.
I understand the main goal of this challenge but this is no longer a competition, just a whine fest.
Old May 8, 2011, 02:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Doesn't matter, since we're forced to do this, all teams should be "penalized". The folders bringing in 700k for them fold for Asus RoG. EVGA brought 100 processors online using barnettworks and some blade servers. How much PPD is that? OCn has sbinh folding 500k points but he's from Team Vietnam so their PPD/CP should be increased by 50k
Old May 8, 2011, 02:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

OK. I'm over it. I hope Xeven is still at it. With out him we could lose. In a day or two the whining is going to start all over again when they realize we are still going to win. And if for some reason we dont win and OCN or TPU pass us I would know they had EVGA help