Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Look below my username. What's that? Oh wait, it's a HWC folding tag. I guess since I don't fold for HWC all of the time, that means that I'm not part of the team according to the CC folks. Well, sorry, but that's just not true. This whole thing is being trumped up and I don't like it one little bit. Makes me very upset that something that should be fun can get commandeered and destroyed so easily.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old May 8, 2011, 06:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Look below my username. What's that? Oh wait, it's a HWC folding tag. I guess since I don't fold for HWC all of the time, that means that I'm not part of the team according to the CC folks. Well, sorry, but that's just not true. This whole thing is being trumped up and I don't like it one little bit. Makes me very upset that something that should be fun can get commandeered and destroyed so easily.
Yeah and its no secret that you guys were coming. I didn't give a PPD because I didn't know what PPD would be contributed, but I went out of my way to let folks know that some folks from NCIX was folding with us.

The only thing to do now is to fold our asses off.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 8, 2011, 07:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

Somehow I feel like we are getting the shitty end of the stick on this one... I don't think it's right or fair to have to change the rules to appease whiners and complainers... There was no way of knowing how much NCIX would be contributing prior to the start of the challenge. In the end however I think it will look better for us and I do respect the decisions taken... I'm not happy about it... but hey c'est la vie... I say we just shrug this one off and carry on...
Old May 8, 2011, 07:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It calls to mind the Battle of Vimy Ridge or the landing at Juno. We may be a comparatively small force, but we are dedicated. And we will win.

We will win despite the ridiculously arbitrary penalty - and it will be an incredible achievement for Canadian folding solidarity.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old May 8, 2011, 07:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Vimy ridge? ok.... maybe if you give the Germans F-14's

Have an A-1 day!
Old May 8, 2011, 09:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Changing the rules part of the way into the game is not good. But we will fold on.
Just note that some of our top 20 producers don't seem to be involved in the CC.
  • doup93
  • AngryMittens
  • Rodney_Meredith_Mckay
  • Robrman
  • switch33
Maybe a little nudge from a Captain would help?
My apologies if I have misinterpreted the data.
MAIN: i5 3570 @ 4.5Ghz wH100 / evga GTX780 SOC / MSI Z77A-G45 / 8gb G.Skill 2133 1T / 30" 2560x1600 / Antec P280 / PCP&C 950w / Intel 520 SSD 240gb / Eclipse / G3-Lazer / z5300 / Win7 Pro64 / APC Xs1300
HTPC : nMedia6000B / AMD X2 4400+ / M2A-VM / Corsair 4GB 800 / LiteOn Blu-Ray / 8800GT / Samsung 46"LCD / 2x2TB / OCZ500 / ATI550 / Wrless Kbrd & Rmte / z-5500 / Win7Pro / APC700
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" 
- Mahatma Gandhi  
Old May 8, 2011, 10:03 PM
Allstar

Sorry, but I think the saddest part of all this is the bitching and complaining going on here. Don't know why but I expected more from this forum. If anything will turn me off from these challenges or folding in the future it's going to be some of the attitudes right here and not due to the rule change. Thankfully it's just the minority and there seem to be people who are more determined to kick it up a notch. I think that kind of attitude is more in line with how we should present ourselves.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old May 9, 2011, 12:41 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
Sorry, but I think the saddest part of all this is the bitching and complaining going on here. Don't know why but I expected more from this forum. If anything will turn me off from these challenges or folding in the future it's going to be some of the attitudes right here and not due to the rule change. Thankfully it's just the minority and there seem to be people who are more determined to kick it up a notch. I think that kind of attitude is more in line with how we should present ourselves.
I think its the same with most of us, you get upset at first, then after it just makes you want to win it more.
Old May 9, 2011, 05:07 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
I'm sure we've all reached Stage 5. I've gotten there.
Old May 9, 2011, 08:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Bah. Let's kick their butts.

For the science!