Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2011, 03:58 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Well, my future involvement in this challenge will be dependent upon having a rule that the rules don't change once the challenge has begun. Changing the rules after it has begun undermines the whole challenge IMO.
Old May 8, 2011, 04:02 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Well, my future involvement in this challenge will be dependent upon having a rule that the rules don't change once the challenge has begun. Changing the rules after it has begun undermines the whole challenge IMO.
This was my main issue too. I made it clear that some of the NCIX guys would fold with us, but I could not give a number as I had no idea what would take place. Perhaps I should have added up the potential PPD from the top guys and pushed that amount, and maybe this is where I failed utterly.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 8, 2011, 04:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't there was failure on your end Chris. You informed them of what would be happening, and (I assume) all of the captains agreed to the set of rules? There should have been no issue.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old May 8, 2011, 04:10 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
I don't there was failure on your end Chris. You informed them of what would be happening, and (I assume) all of the captains agreed to the set of rules? There should have been no issue.
Yes and no. If I had gone and said 'we expect xxx PPD' then the true effect might have been apparent. But I was not comfortable with this as there was no guarantee, and the last thing I wanted was to have us handicapped for potential PPD that may or may not come, especially from another forum.

I think my above assumption was correct, but I should have been more explicit about the potential, so that maybe we could have come up with a different system.

But in the end, making this decision was ultimately mine (FiXT suggested it and I thought about it), and if this ends up hurting our folding team then I will live with the consequences and think about what I will do about it next.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 8, 2011, 04:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

punished for to much folding... nice contest.. lol

Old May 8, 2011, 04:27 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

It's not our first year in this, it should have been apparent to all what we can do recruitment wise. HWC has a hardcore F@H team, although it's not my first team, I'm proud to be a member of it, anybody that moans we're cheating for recruiting a few people, needs to suck it up. We're being far to Canadian to gimp ourselves.
Old May 8, 2011, 04:29 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Totally agree. I put up my time, money and effort to bring in a couple of SR-2 systems to get us going and we're punished for doing too well.

Sorry, this doesn't sit well with me AT ALL.

From my standpoint, the entire point of this year's contest was to see how much we could improve our PPD. Now, we drastically improve our PPD and we're penalized.

Way to change the rules mid way through just because some shisters bitch and whine because the points system backfired on their team.
Old May 8, 2011, 04:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

techPowerUp! Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Chimp Challenge has started!!!

Quote:
BUCK NASTY
F@H Moderator

Someone just posted on the shoutbox and I hope it's true:

isowizard: just put my 3 2600k big adv and 3 980x big adv on chimp power up today with4 580's

Looks like he was a member of ASUS ROG under Rayden. He say's he's bringing a friend that produces 150K as well. This should be interesting.

isowizard: yes sir and i brought a friend along

isowizard: so add another 150k ppd onto mine

isowizard: plus it may make it interesting between hwc and tpu
i am here folding for you already just got systems up and running today
Please adjust the score accordingly
Old May 8, 2011, 04:36 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

EVERY team has done it for crying out loud. And now here we are getting hammered up the ass....nice.
Old May 8, 2011, 04:38 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

This is something I brought up before the adjustment was made. I'll send a link to this post over to the folding Captain's to look at and see how this gets digested.
Fold for team #54196