Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2011, 08:20 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Has anyone posted our contest in the RFD Contest section? There is still time for anyone to get in on it as long as they produce a WU.

They are Canadian, don't have a folding team and I know they are big on the cancer fighting thing. Would be cool to see a few of them step up to the plate for a good cause.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:27 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Dropping a bigadv in a couple hours. 50k per day is back up after I had to take it down for yesterday. I will try to add at least 30k more ppd tonight.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gonna run over to my kids place and set up his E8400 & GTX275 today, I gave them to him so he has to do it!
Old May 13, 2011, 08:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Installed the 550 into my main rig, downloading drivers to have it play nice with my 560s. I am also running the beta V7 client as it seems the V6 (for cpu) wont engage my cores/threads 100%. I've switched over all of my 3 cpus to this and should be getting/yielding better ppd.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:36 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Has anyone posted our contest in the RFD Contest section? There is still time for anyone to get in on it as long as they produce a WU.

They are Canadian, don't have a folding team and I know they are big on the cancer fighting thing. Would be cool to see a few of them step up to the plate for a good cause.
I was going to try posting something in the computer section but wasn't sure if I should or not. :P

May not be a bad idea. They used to have a few folders...
Old May 13, 2011, 08:42 AM
Top Prospect

How much would a stock i5 760 and a 6950 help us out? Should be able to get that hardware going by the time I'm home from work tonight.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Every bit counts!!
Old May 13, 2011, 08:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

That and you know they loooove chances at free stuff. (But who doesn't?)

Might install uniprocessor on my 4000+, as it's bone stock and I don't want to OC it since it's normally just a Minecraft server.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old May 13, 2011, 08:52 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

To change my 2600k to smp. I can just log in and uncheck -bigadv (i'm running liuxrouter image in vmplayer) I assume I can do this while it is on a bigadv unit, it should just finish the WU it has and then get a new one. POST EVERYWHERE SO EVERYONE SWITCHES TO SMP AFTER THE LAST -BIGADV UNIT IS DONE AND THEY WILL NOT HAVE TIME TO FINISH A NEW ONE BEFORE CC ENDS.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:54 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Is that all you have to do, remove the -bigadv tag? It will work if you change mid wu and it will pick up smp next wu?