Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12, 2011, 06:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeven View Post
Don't worry, the stats say we're still going strong (albeit with a bit of a downtrend). I'm still burning down the house in my case at least.
Stay safe Xeven!!!!!!!!!

I'm still giving it all I've got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
aaaand...it puts our name on the map with crosshairs on our back. I'll be back next year.
Me too. Maybe I'll fold extra for HWC in the months before the CC so the flamers could put a cork in it, but every year it's something.

2009 OCN was accused of "luring" Barnettworks over from EVGA for the CC win.
2010 EVGA gets accused of buying datacentre time, when it turns out their crazy members just went and bought a lot of extra hardware for CC2010 because the FS/FT threads went nuts afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall View Post
Go figure all the crazies come out of the woodwork. It's just sad to see something that was suppose to be fun and to help a good cause turn so ugly.

I enjoy the latest hater Aaron Kuppin. He lists Jersey Shore as on of his favorite TV shows on Facebook, so that helps his credibility. I guess hating is a Jersey thing?
I would say a small minority chirped the loudest and got their way in a sense with our "five yard" penalty, but at the end of the day it didn't matter because the HWC members took that negative and upgraded production, and folded their respective @$$e$ off!

The funny thing is that there were so many HWC members (like 3.0Charlie/John and Xeven, slaughter and others) who added a crapload of extra capacity for this contest and the whiners only focused on a few of us who they termed as "guest folders".

What makes this situation unique is that many of the other teams have other distributed computing projects which people temporarily abandon to fold for the Chimp Challenge, while teams like HWC and EVGA for example, don't.

But in my opinion HWC defines the word "team" and I think regardless of winning or not, we put in another great showing.

Yeah that Aaron and his whole "rigged" BS was funny. I think he started that crap in the smackbox and got himself banned earlier this morning. I caught the tail-end of it.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old May 12, 2011, 12:49 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Good job guys! Seeing teams like HWC and TPU right up there with OCN is what the new system was about. Next year the rules will be changed a bit again, but this year we obviously did well with the rules given.

And yes, there are all kinds of rumours out there about HWC proposing the rules, etc which is fubar. If I recall, they were proposed by Full Taoer and it was actually myself that first mentioned the advantage smaller teams would have, but the captains wanted to give teh smaller teams a real chance to win.

We will see how this year panned out, and some of the smarter folks might throw our current outputs into some simulators or such to find something that keeps us all in the race for a longer period of time.

The more teams think they can win it, the more the competitive juices will find additional folding hardware. We need to keep adjusting the system to ensure teams are not 'limping' to the end, or feel that any one team will run away with it.

Some folks think the CC is about seeing who is the best folding team as per points...it has always been about promoting folding, and an annual coronation will not accomplish this. This is why the old system was tweaked, and the advantage given to smaller teams must be tempered a bit.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 12, 2011, 01:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Even with the penalty I don't have a bad taste in my mouth, and I WILL COMMIT to doing it again next year NOW and HERE.

Although, I may have to add some points strictly to HWC over the months so all the nay-sayers and cheater-screamers could shut it about guest folders/hired guns/cheaters etc....

I'm just glad that there has been a HUGE amount of folding done, and I'm really proud of how HWC banded together and increased output even with the 30 yard penalty.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old May 12, 2011, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
Even with the penalty I don't have a bad taste in my mouth, and I WILL COMMIT to doing it again next year NOW and HERE.

Although, I may have to add some points strictly to HWC over the months so all the nay-sayers and cheater-screamers could shut it about guest folders/hired guns/cheaters etc....

I'm just glad that there has been a HUGE amount of folding done, and I'm really proud of how HWC banded together and increased output even with the 30 yard penalty.
Yeah I was thinking the same, I'll switch over my rigs during the points calculation just to keep things on the up and up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old May 12, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
Ditto
Old May 12, 2011, 02:56 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Probably the same people whining this year that said we couldn't compete last year because we were to small.
Old May 12, 2011, 03:06 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I guess i'm a guest folder, But a contributing HWC member, i don't fold all to often, but chipped in for this event, i know every bit helps but my piddly 6500pts a day aren't all that much, i only have a 5870 folding and a q6600 @3.0, running 24/7. but if it weren't for this CC i probably wouldn't have put the effort in that i am. fold on Wayne, fold on Garth!

maybe i will get some of my other rigs cpu folding, and after i move maybe set up a few full time folders.
Old May 12, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Somehow fixed my mom's computer by spamming the power button. Now it has a 9600GT good for 1000PPD since it's used only when she's at home.
Old May 12, 2011, 04:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

TPU is getting so great updates, we need to fold more or we'll get ****** at the finished line :P

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old May 12, 2011, 04:29 PM
Rookie

Exclamation What out, ChimPowerUp is making big moves

ChimPowerUp is making big moves.
They got almost twice as many CP as us in that last update. That's huge guys!
ChimPowerUp got 1.12 CP in the last update
B_G_B got .67 CP in the last update.

If this pattern keeps up, they'll overtake us in a day to a day and a half! We need to hold out for 3 more days to hit the finish line!

Lets put in EVERYTHING!

In other news, any way we can get Dephcon from the NCIX team to fold for the Chimp Challenge? He's got 200k PPD folding over there, and I think it's only 2 massive machines doing bigadv!