Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2011, 09:44 PM
Rookie

70k ppd, nice

im doing 7000 ppd with my new computer

I think my old P4 processor was rated at 79ppd so I gave up last time :P
Old May 7, 2011, 09:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
I'd like to think that people like me who aren't frequent folders but are participating for the contest are making an impact.

I know I'm kicking in an extra 70k PPD to the cause.
You don't have to think it, just look at where we are in the standings and know it. It's amazing how well our forum pulls together for these contests. Look how well we did last year, coming in Top 5 on a race to 20 million.

Kudos to you jibz, and to everyone else that fires up to help out. While it's a fun competition, the real winner is the fight against deadly diseases.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I think it's funny how some of the other team's are wining about are lead.... Like it's are fault they cant get people on their own team to switch (Point Hogs), let alone several from another team . Every team brings in ringers from other team's for the CC we just happen to recruit more... That's what I thought this race was about..

Maybe instead of a 5 month AVG and the % thing maybe we should do the team's AVG's from this race and do the % thing for next years CC race, If a new team want's to enter we add 25%-50% ( or something because race ppd is more than team ppd) to their AVG ppd to give them their target total for the % thing. With these new rules we would be giving the Jaded Monkey back to EVGA being they had some big hitters start late so their AVG would be lower than normal, Also I would not dought it if some of them quit after seeing their were losing, also dropping their CC AVG. Also I heard lots of talk of people wanting to switch to a different team to bring down the beaver. Come on guys, Dont let up
Old May 8, 2011, 10:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think the main issue for many teams is that people get selfish and wish to contribute to their own usernames, rather than switching to a one time challenge username. That's just my take. We're rockin' though! I haven't had a chance to switch over all my clients but i'm probably putting out maybe ~25K at this point. I could easily double and more that once everything is over!
Old May 8, 2011, 02:12 PM
Rookie

Is it too late to jump in and help out?

If not could someone PM me the passkey and I will set up my client ASAP

Got Passkey....thnx

Last edited by Rich_D; May 8, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old May 8, 2011, 02:20 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I can confirm a couple of more bigadv machines to BGB username. Should be good for ~90K hopefully if the machines cooperate.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 8, 2011, 02:37 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
Is it too late to jump in and help out?

If not could someone PM me the passkey and I will set up my client ASAP
PM sent.
Old May 8, 2011, 08:32 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Well. That didn't last long. Time to find another PSU... was greeted 10 minutes ago with some magic smoke. RIP Antec TP550! The 920 rig is down until tomorrow, but luckly no other parts were affected.
Old May 8, 2011, 08:38 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Well. That didn't last long. Time to find another PSU... was greeted 10 minutes ago with some magic smoke. RIP Antec TP550! The 920 rig is down until tomorrow, but luckly no other parts were affected.
I have a Corsair 850HX here....PM with an offer shipped if you like and I'll ask the wife to ship it tomorrow. Will be a couple of days though before you get it.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 8, 2011, 08:39 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Sold.