Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2011, 10:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'v heard people from other team's complaining that their own big hitter's are/ have not switched over. Are team's username's list is almost all 0's, Meaning almost everyone switched.
Just as I thought here comes team TPU, If they can get their crunch team to switch we could be in trouble, That's like 2 team's in 1. .
We are also in a close battle for 3-5th( Sitting 4th) overall for overall points. Keep it up
Old May 5, 2011, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
We are good at getting people to join our cause when the time comes.
I thought we weren't allowed to recruit...
Old May 5, 2011, 10:41 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Pretty sure that was allowed. Not just allowed but recommended. The object of the competition is to get more people folding.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:50 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
That's the whole point of the CC, to encourage new people to join the cause. At least that was always what I was under the impression of.

If I might say so myself, the Hardware Canucks Folding Team & Website has a mean recruiting team and a very solid and connected group. This clearly has worked to our advantage. Also, one can look at ChimPowerUp, another very strong and tight nit group who has been working up through the ranks today. They are a competitive and powerful team in their own league, and this is clearly an accurate representation of that.

Sure, maybe the Handicap system isn't perfect, but there honestly isn't a much better way of doing it. The race to 20M is simply no longer relevant. Just looking at the total points, this would be a sweep by EVGA. At least this puts every team on a relatively even keel.

I was thinking earlier about basing it on "CPUs" of a donor, or total team members. But that would simply encourage teams to set thresholds of PPD, and only let the big contributors in, which is no fun for every. It has to take the total amount of points accumulated for the duration so that the more people and more points you earn, the better you do.

Though interestingly enough, the common complaint I have seen is that the Chimp Points system severely penalizes larger teams... but OCN is the third ranked folding team, and they are steaming along like mad: currently second. Clearly it is possible for large teams to have solidarity among their folding teams & have a good recruiting and advertising. So despite EVGA insisting that they couldn't possibly compete, OCN has proved clearly proved they just aren't trying hard enough (....yet)

With 10 days to go, things are likely to make some surprising changes I am sure.

Last edited by FiXT; May 5, 2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow - I just checked the stats page. And, well, wow.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old May 6, 2011, 01:46 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I switched the username to Beavers_Gone_Bananas but HFM still shows my original username 4 percent into current WU. Anyone know what's up?

The cached log does indicate the Beavers... username however.
Old May 6, 2011, 03:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

what kind of client? HFM won't reset to the new name if it's a gpu client until you actually restart the client. (Have to restart the smp client so it's not an issue).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 6, 2011, 03:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
We are good at getting people to join our cause when the time comes.
Quote:
Quote:
Pretty sure that was allowed. Not just allowed but recommended. The object of the competition is to get more people folding.
Recruiting is part of it, but, I think the biggest reason is that we're a relatively small team, and as such it's much easier to get most of our current folders to switch over to a temporary CC name. The results would probably be much different if no name change was required and scores were based on the team totals.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 6, 2011, 04:34 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

We're crushing it so far. Hopefully we can keep it up.
Old May 6, 2011, 04:39 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like we are on track for a 3 million point first day! That's just... BANANAS! :)