Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2011, 05:48 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Hey guys...I have replied to all the PMs I got during the night. I won't get home from work until approx 7pm est. I'll try to check at work but no guarantees.

@Viking: I have replied to your PM for help. Also, the folding section (where you could create a help thread) is located here: HardwareCanucks F@H Team - Hardware Canucks
Fold for team #54196
Old May 5, 2011, 06:52 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Chris, maybe you should post the Stats Link in the first post?
Old May 5, 2011, 08:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

With the new CC point system their is a good chance their could be a tie/s. How would they pick the winner? Maybe see what team is closer to getting their next point by %. or let the tieing teams share the jaded monkey. Probably better to come up with a universal way to brake a tie now then to wait untill we see who ties who and then figure it out, If could look like someone's picking favorites.
I was thinking that say EVGA and Chimppowerup tie, would EVGA because they got more F@H point overall or could Chinppowerup still win if they were closer by % ( not points) to getting their next CCpoint. The Captains may have it figured out, I just never seen anything talking about it.
Old May 5, 2011, 09:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Got two pcs running smp clients now, not sure how much they'll help though....1 WU each every 22-26 hours or so.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:58 AM
MVP
F@H

Everybody ready? Got 4 clients running. Sadly my 5th client might not be able to join in as it's quite busy running some other stuff :(

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old May 5, 2011, 11:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Got two pcs running smp clients now, not sure how much they'll help though....1 WU each every 22-26 hours or so.
I'm not sure what your running but 22-26 hours sounds right. Every little bit helps, What kinda ppd are you getting? The WU's I get with my Q9550 usually take around 12h -24h+ and sometimes 2 day to complete and get 3000ppd-5000ppd, Depends on the WU. the almost 6000ppd it's getting now is new to me I dont think I'v got a 7137 project before or any 7000 project.

Here is a Snip-it of my PC's F@H related stuff that I leave open on my extra PC monitor.
I use HFM.NET to keep track of the WU's ppd/ETA/ Credit/Project #,%/ that kinda stuff.
I use Core temp to monitor the CPU's temp
I use Precision to monitor my GPU's temp and control its fans.
I use a CPU usage meter to see if all 4 cores are at 100%
I leave the SMP client open under Precision so I can see the last couple % and see if it coinciding with HFM,NET ( Depends on how often you have HFM.net to update so % may not always match)

This pic is not and would not work for the contest because 1) The race has not started yet and 2) their's know date in it( It could be from last year, Its not).
Attached Images

Old May 5, 2011, 11:04 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Sounds like things could heat up fast. RK on smack talk just said CustomBitChimps had a 1.6 m point update last hour. Unless they timed it wrong. Could be stiff competition once things get going. It might take everything people can throw at the competition to win.

Old May 5, 2011, 11:20 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreX5 View Post
Sounds like things could heat up fast. RK on smack talk just said CustomBitChimps had a 1.6 m point update last hour. Unless they timed it wrong. Could be stiff competition once things get going. It might take everything people can throw at the competition to win.

Don't worry! My -bigadv rigs are timed, so at (eatern time)

1) Today: 16:15 88000 points
2) Today 17:02 88000 points
3) Today 22:39 91300 points
4) This night 3:55 77350 points (later because it's a 2684)

And it will continue every 38h (hoping good bigadv of course)

+ 2 GPU folding

Last edited by Charloz24; May 5, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:24 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Looks like sombody has a GPU folding under BeaverS_Gone_Bananas_
Someone needs to double check their folding names! Looks like numbers are still going under BeaverS_Gone_Bananas_
Old May 5, 2011, 12:00 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I have taken some time during my lunch break to get out the latest passkey requests.

Thanks to the folks who have signed up so far, and thanks to those who have helped get passkeys out to their fellow folders. Many thanks!

If you need help as a new folder, right now the best thing you can do is post a new thread after reading this sticky:
Folding@Home Windows and PS3 Starter's Guide: FAQ, Links to Guides

This has a non-techy explanation of the terms, what software to use, links to specific guides, and how to ask for help if needed. I am getting many requests for help via PM, and it might be quicker if you post a thread. :)

Fold on guys!!
Fold for team #54196