Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2011, 04:39 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I leave hfm off except when checking it on my sr2 box and it claims 135,00 ppd. I have one gts450 folding in another box for 8-9000 ppd. Every day when I check my stats I am rarely above 120,000 ppd. Somewhere I am losing 20,000 ppd.
HFM.Net isn't taking uploading/downloading wu time into account so ppd will always be less. I don't know for you, but here bigadv take a least an hour to send back. So if you use the bigadv calculator and enter a data upload time of 60 mins, your 135 000 ppd go back to 126 000
Old April 19, 2011, 06:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Jesus, it takes you guys an hour to send back a work unit? Are you on the worst high speed connection available?
It takes about 10-14 minutes here, and I consider my upload speed quite poor.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old April 19, 2011, 07:26 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
Jesus, it takes you guys an hour to send back a work unit? Are you on the worst high speed connection available?
It takes about 10-14 minutes here, and I consider my upload speed quite poor.
Takes me about 3/4 of an hour ...I think. I'm on dsl. Download speed is fine, but the upload speed sucks. Cable has a much higher upload speed. I'ld have cable. But they have data caps and dsl is unlimited. My personal record for dowloading in a month was just over 1 TB...can't do that on cable. At least not here anyway.
Old April 19, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I primarily use my sr2 at work due to free power and air conditioning. I have a satellite up-link at work so it can be slow. As soon as a wu finishes it can take 2 hours to send in. To mitigate that I stop and start the client just after it starts to send finished wu. This allows it to download a new wu (10-15 mins) which it starts crunching while the finished wu uploads. At home this is not an issue 15 mins send & receive. (lose +-1%)

Last edited by stoanee; April 19, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old April 19, 2011, 08:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-Fuzzy View Post
Takes me about 3/4 of an hour ...I think. I'm on dsl. Download speed is fine, but the upload speed sucks. Cable has a much higher upload speed. I'ld have cable. But they have data caps and dsl is unlimited. My personal record for dowloading in a month was just over 1 TB...can't do that on cable. At least not here anyway.
It depends on the dsl really. Most dsl in north america is async (so i've read), so the upload typically sucks. I have some friends in Norway and other parts of the EU, their dsl is 20Mbit sync.. which would be awesome.
We have 30Mbit sync dsl at work here, so uploading is really great if users aren't watching business videos and have office skype sessions.
I'm only here for another two weeks - then it's off to my new job.. where I hopefully will have free reign on the network. Business cable there, 30/5.. better than my 30/1 at home. Can't wait to fill the server cabinet with folding equipment!

I understand about the satellite connection, that must really suck.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old April 19, 2011, 03:08 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I can get cable here...50 meg down 2 meg up (149.99) or 25 meg down 2 meg up (99.99). But they have data caps...I hate data caps.