Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2011, 09:05 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I guess the folding gods are getting me for picking on Dangtx. My quad GPU system started losing it's network last night and has now locked up 2 times.......
Old April 14, 2011, 09:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yeah, it's great to consolodate your folding on to one or two pcs.. but if it goes down, your PPD takes a shot in the arse.

Glad you figured out what was wrong, hope you can figure out the network/lockup thing.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old April 14, 2011, 09:58 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
yeah, it's great to consolodate your folding on to one or two pcs.. but if it goes down, your PPD takes a shot in the arse.

Glad you figured out what was wrong, hope you can figure out the network/lockup thing.
I think I know what it is....can you say "hypertransport flood sync error". I thought I had it fixed....I guess not.... I had that error when I built the system. I lowered the HT speed to 1000...as per google. That seemed to help, but the quad core CPU runs 75% usage....so I am thinking that maybe the HT being so low that there my be some wierdness going on with the communication between the MB and the CPU...maybe.
Old April 14, 2011, 03:23 PM
Banned
F@H

well, dont ignore the medieval way of doing things.

you know,you pass the guy,you think all is fine then one tire goes kaboom and off you go? :D
Old April 14, 2011, 04:24 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post

you know,you pass the guy,you think all is fine then one tire goes kaboom and off you go? :D
Ummm he still have 150 000 ppd more than you... so I think he could blow a lot of tires before you kick his butt
Old April 14, 2011, 10:56 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post

It's them damned spikes, wasn't it......
Old April 14, 2011, 11:33 PM
Banned
F@H

*celebrates in complete and utter silence!!! :D

take it easy man, stuff happens..all the time :)
Old April 18, 2011, 03:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-Fuzzy View Post
I guess the folding gods are getting me for picking on Dangtx. My quad GPU system started losing it's network last night and has now locked up 2 times.......
Ok. this is strange. I have had these network oddities for about the last month. I used to leave HTM.net running...now I have been shutting it off and checking it once and a while. Guess what...no more network oddities. Non of the computers have had network issues since I started turning HFN.net off. It has only been about 5 days...but that is longest my quad gpu system has gone without losing the network. Gotta love computers...never a dull moment.
Old April 18, 2011, 04:23 PM
Banned
F@H

weird. it might poll too much at times?
Old April 18, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I leave hfm off except when checking it on my sr2 box and it claims 135,00 ppd. I have one gts450 folding in another box for 8-9000 ppd. Every day when I check my stats I am rarely above 120,000 ppd. Somewhere I am losing 20,000 ppd.