Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2011, 08:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

so.... are you lucky and finally got a Bigadv under Vm ?
Server system
|I7 3820|Asus P9X79|12G G.Skill 1600Mhz|Noctua NH-D14|Corsair Force 3 120GB|LSI megaRAID 9261 8|RAID5 5X 3TB|Corsair AX650|Fractal Design Arc Midi|

Twitch
Old April 4, 2011, 08:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Not feeling too lucky, tried web config, tried manual config. Cannot get HFM to work, accidentally reset the freakin VM and it wanted to re-configure... so I lost my 6901 and was rewarded with a 2684

I'm having a want to punch the monitor and smash the keyboard over the case moment. Need a drink... What the heck am I doing wrong here?
Attached Images

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old April 4, 2011, 09:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

you need to start folding before loading in HFM.

edit: ooopsss.... you're already folding
Server system
|I7 3820|Asus P9X79|12G G.Skill 1600Mhz|Noctua NH-D14|Corsair Force 3 120GB|LSI megaRAID 9261 8|RAID5 5X 3TB|Corsair AX650|Fractal Design Arc Midi|

Twitch
Old April 4, 2011, 09:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

It is folding, just not displaying it. 92% cpu usage..

Team Thread
Old April 4, 2011, 09:11 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Instead of typing in the IP address in the "Log Folder" box, can you click the 'browse' button next to it, and try navigating to it manually? You shoulod see a computer listed in your network called "FAH"...if you do, select it and then the fah folder.

Also, try getting rid of the last \ you have at the end of the folder location.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 4, 2011, 09:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ah, see there's the problem. There isn't another machine in the network, there's no virtual network adapters... nothing. I figured it was a windows 7 network setting I'm not grasping... what I don't get is how the VM would connect to the assignment server to download a work unit???

Team Thread
Old April 4, 2011, 09:36 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

It could be a windows issue but not sure...you said you could access the web server by typing in the ip address of the client, so it makes no sense that it can see one folder (the files in the root of the ip that allow you web access), but no access to the fah files. Did taking the backspace off the log folder like I mention make any difference?
Fold for team #54196
Old April 4, 2011, 09:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
It could be a windows issue but not sure...you said you could access the web server by typing in the ip address of the client, so it makes no sense that it can see one folder (the files in the root of the ip that allow you web access), but no access to the fah files. Did taking the backspace off the log folder like I mention make any difference?
Tried getting rid of the backspace, I'm not actually putting it there. HFM enters it as soon as I hit ok, so it's there if I open "edit client". I tried network adapter set to bridge and nat to see if that would show the FAH VM on my network, but no. Network discovery is on... head hurts.

One thing comes to mind, about a week ago when I tried to get it to work, I couldn't get an id or connect to the assignment server. I tried a bunch of different things including deleting the virtual network adapters (there were two) that showed in device manager from when I ran it a month ago. Gotta be something wacky with my windows network settings that I screwed up

Team Thread
Old April 5, 2011, 05:18 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

You can add the VM Network adaptors if you deleted them via the Options / Add settting in VM Player. Also in the setup, choose NAT - not Bridge.

Once setup, it can take a long time for HFM to show the data. I have seen on mine 0% for a long time, then 10% all of a sudden; actual ppd numbers were seen once the folding was past 50% completed (whatever options I selected in the HFM configuration).
Old April 5, 2011, 06:16 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
You can add the VM Network adaptors if you deleted them via the Options / Add settting in VM Player. Also in the setup, choose NAT - not Bridge.

Once setup, it can take a long time for HFM to show the data. I have seen on mine 0% for a long time, then 10% all of a sudden; actual ppd numbers were seen once the folding was past 50% completed (whatever options I selected in the HFM configuration).
I deleted the network adapter in device manager, managed to get them back by re installing the VM Player. I decided to start fresh with a new image and set VM to NAT again...used the web config but I don't believe HFM is working. Usually there will be a colour on the status bar for the client, even if the tpf hasn't registered yet, it'll register as stopped or hung even when the client is not working.

Again, I must be missing something obvious here. There's no virtual network showing, the virtual adapters show no interet access- but the client can download a work unit???
Attached Images

Team Thread