Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2011, 05:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Update #2-- Figured out what the problem was...for some reason the client would only start _11 cores at 511 points each, not any of the _16 which give out better points. Spent a lot of time reading the guides and thread at OCN yesterday evening. Getting ready to work on the client when wu #2 was turned in around 1130 pm last night. About 30 sec the power went out and didn't come back till I was heading out the door for work. Restarted the client, turned in wu#2 and started the next one. Still a _11 core wu, should almost be finished two more before I get home to work on it. I think i might have to reinstall the client.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 8, 2011, 08:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Perry C you can give this a try before a re-install, it is working 24/7 for me.

If you are doing a quad core cpu plus a 2 core gpu or quad core cpu plus 2 x 1 core gpu set ups you should see three slots. If you have crossfire enabled it may not work on dual GPU cards and you will only see 1 gpu but you can still fold on it.
Select expert in the selection tab; far right ;top row on the main interface page.
Then select configure,Once in the configure interface select Slots.
1 smp 2 gpu slots
Select your first gpu slot and hit edit under gpu id there should be a -1 ; In the extra slot options you should have NAME client-type VALUE advanced to get fah_16 work. If it isnt there add it or you will only recieve fah_11 work.
Repeat for the second gpu slot or further if you have more gpus.
I also added the NAME next-unit-percentage VALUE 90 so the slots would try to get another task at 90 percent of completion.
In order to keep the gpu's not hogging the cpu, run that WinAFC program and give a cpu core to each one of the gpu cores, the remaining cpu cores will do smp work. Good Luck.
Old August 9, 2011, 04:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Only running a C2D right now so I don't have the horsepower to run a gpu client and an smp client. I am going to tinker with it some more when I get home tonight, but walking away from iy for a bit was probably the best thing I could do as I think I know where the problem was. Will update later tonight once I get home and play with it some more.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 9, 2011, 07:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Update # 3 --- Got it sorted out, I guess I was missing a "-". Very frustrating over something so stupid.

tpf is about 4m31s (a full minute and a half slower than the gpu2 client)

credit is showing 1835.

estimated ppd is 5847 and change.

Now to upgrade that cpu to a quad and I can run a smp client as well.