Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Potential Chimp Challenge 'Finish Line' (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/41372-potential-chimp-challenge-finish-line.html)

chrisk March 6, 2011 04:17 PM

Potential Chimp Challenge 'Finish Line'
 
Everyone:
Here is a copied and pasted post from the CC captain's forum. Look slike right now this is as close to the CC 'finish line' as there will be.
Quote:

Just been sat thinking, hows about this I just thought of - a one or two week drag race making as much PPD as possible in a set time frame with a deductible percentage based on the points produced from 3 months, I will use Dec, Jan and Feb as examples although I know we don't have Feb stats yet so I made them up! The average points are then worked out and 1% will grant you 1 chimp point, 2 random team examples:

EVGA - Dec: 444,136,941 Jan: 492,405,716 Feb: 476,616,633 making the average of those 3 months = 471,053,096
1% average of that is 4,710,530 which is worth - 1CP (CHIMP POINT)

MaxPC - Dec: 123,616,586 Jan: 140,863,169 Feb: 122,323,665 making the average of those 3 months = 128,934,473
1% average of that is 1,289,344 which is worth - 1CP (CHIMP POINT)

So say we have a 2 week drag race and EVGA do 242,000,000 and MaxPC do 68,000,000 points in that time, divide them by there 1% point scores as above making -

EVGA: 242,000,000 / 4,710,530 = 51.3 CHIMP POINTS
MaxPC: 68,000,000 / 1,289,344 = 52.7 CHIMP POINTS


MaxPC wins!
Looks like it will be a one week drag race, and the team with the most CC 'points' will win. A point will be based on an average PPD for a competing team.

I have to make sure that the captains know that our typical output is around 2 million, as I don't want those folding for NCIX to artificially drive down our PPD, making it easier for us to win.

Just wanted to let everyone know what the likelihood is of the rules this year. If you see a glaring problem with this let me know, but right now this looks to be the method used to determine a winner.

boggtrotter59 March 6, 2011 04:58 PM

Should make for a much more interesting and closer race... You could always just get them to add the points accumulated under "All_Your_Hamsters_Are_Belong_To_Us" to our team's monthly total...

stoanee March 6, 2011 05:18 PM

So, you are rewarded by going above your average rate. Much better than just being points based as it evens the competition.

geokilla March 6, 2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoanee (Post 492768)
So, you are rewarded by going above your average rate. Much better than just being points based as it evens the competition.

+1. EVGA skyrocketed last year because of the rewards.

chrisk March 6, 2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoanee (Post 492768)
So, you are rewarded by going above your average rate. Much better than just being points based as it evens the competition.

Yes. Emphasis is on promoting folding, and recruiting new people.

stoanee March 6, 2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisk (Post 492776)
Yes. Emphasis is on promoting folding, and recruiting new people.


I hope we can pull a hamster out of our hat and win this thing. :canadianwave:

badatcards March 6, 2011 06:13 PM

Is HWC going to have the stats page again? And will it be able to tell us who is winning while the race is on or do we have to wait untill the race is over to find out what happened? sounds complicated to keep track of.
even though the CC is to help F@H in May when its starting to warm up, Its only going to give people a reason NOT to fold that extra rig during Feb/March/April:doh: when the weathers cold, Strategy is a big part of winning any race, the best way now for a team to win the CC is not to fold before the race so their team ppd is way lower than what it should be. Bionic and Crunch and Seti are going to get more people than F@H for those months. I dont like it but I'll live with it. Plus with these rules teams cant do battle for 3 months before the CC or it would look like cheating:sad:( Boosting their PPD while lowering ares).

chrisk March 6, 2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badatcards (Post 492784)
Is HWC going to have the stats page again? And will it be able to tell us who is winning while the race is on or do we have to wait untill the race is over to find out what happened? sounds complicated to keep track of.
even though the CC is to help F@H in May when its starting to warm up, Its only going to give people a reason NOT to fold that extra rig during Feb/March/April:doh: when the weathers cold, Strategy is a big part of winning any race, the best way now for a team to win the CC is not to fold before the race so their team ppd is way lower than what it should be. Bionic and Crunch and Seti are going to get more people than F@H for those months. I dont like it but I'll live with it. Plus with these rules teams cant do battle for 3 months before the CC or it would look like cheating:sad:( Boosting their PPD while lowering ares).

Any team seen deliberately putting down their PPD may be disqualified. This would hurt the project, which we do not want to happen.

JayDeeHobbit March 6, 2011 06:44 PM

With that set of rules HWC should have a very good chance of winning the Jade Monkey :)
The winner will be determined by the percentage of team participation rather than the size of the team and the number of folders they can throw at the CC.
If the stats are determined from the Dec-Feb stats then the All Your Hamsters Are Belong To Us shouldn't be a factor either since it didn't start till March.

Getting ready to Go Bannanas :)

grinder March 6, 2011 06:46 PM

makes sense, establish a handicap... do better to gain points. Works in bowling leagues and such. Thanks chrisk


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:37 AM.