Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2011, 10:28 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

NCIX contributed roughly 20% of last years folding power, maybe add 20% to our regular PPD?
Old March 6, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why not just use peak ppd instead of average? Have the team try and push past their highest production rate and maintain it for a decent amount of time, would make it harder and harder every year. Use of average ppd/user and number of users as variables could also keep production manipulation in check.
Old March 7, 2011, 03:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
Is NCIX's points being added to ares to come up with are total? if not we will win this for sure. Better let them know, We dont want to get DQed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Yeah I have mentioned that our typical PPD is 2 million. I will be more specific I guess, but if we don't get a heck of a lot of NCIXers then a 5 million PPD will be a tough target for us indeed.
Along the same vein at the original post, but slightly different.....

Since we're playing with both our and NCIX's PPD right now, how about suggesting to the other team captains that All_Your_Hamsters_Are_Belong_To_Us points be credited to HWC and subtracted from NCIX totals? That should remove any doubt about attempts to play with the points.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 7, 2011, 04:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yeah, we picked a bad time to do the 'all your hamsters belong to us' on NCIX's folding team. It could almost look like we're trying to skew (albeit very terribly) team points.
But seeing as the 'hamsters' username on NCIX is strictly HWC members doing something silly.. it shouldn't change the calculation for HWCs team PPD.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old March 7, 2011, 04:42 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreX5 View Post
The months they choose though are going to play a lot into this. All the teams could start to play games. Slowing down or shifting things around. Not bringing new equipment online. Not everything would be detectable or easily proven. Would be nice if there was a way to encourage all teams to keep up a good effort for the months that will be used.
Then I suggest that the contest be based on numbers from December, January and February. No Team had any idea how the contest would evolve, and the Teams points total should be close enough to what they are today.
Old March 7, 2011, 06:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Then I suggest that the contest be based on numbers from December, January and February. No Team had any idea how the contest would evolve, and the Teams points total should be close enough to what they are today.
I second the motion. For the future contests, if they are run the same way, a yearly average could be used. There would be little chance of sandbagging then.

Last edited by stoanee; March 7, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old March 7, 2011, 07:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I second the motion. For the future contests, if they are run the same way, a yearly average could be used. There would be little change of sandbagging then.
A yearly average wouldn't be best - with the way technology goes, and workunits upgrade, I would imagine after one year the first months would be really low, no?
Take for instance HWC, we've doubled our production since this time last year.. to take an average to include that far back, would drop our handicap significantly.
A very rough estimate of the past 12 months, would put us at an average of 33mil.. basing it off the past three month is probably the best representation (being the cold months and all)

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old March 7, 2011, 09:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I would probably go with CoreX5 and 3.0's suggestions above.

Going to April would give HWC a slight advantage because of Hamster migration :)

Either way if the "AMD and BigAdv Linux advantage" holds up, prepare for some interesting Beaver attack.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old March 7, 2011, 04:58 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

This "chimps" thing. Is it to late for me to help out?
Old March 7, 2011, 05:15 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-Fuzzy View Post
This "chimps" thing. Is it to late for me to help out?
It doesn't actually start till May.