Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2011, 06:50 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

The above example used earlier months. The upcoming CC would use the three months Feb, Mar, and April.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 6, 2011, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This also forces people to fold before hand, like making people become regular folders.
Old March 6, 2011, 07:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Is NCIX's points being added to ares to come up with are total? if not we will win this for sure. Better let them know, We dont want to get DQed.
Old March 6, 2011, 07:30 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Yeah I have mentioned that our typical PPD is 2 million. I will be more specific I guess, but if we don't get a heck of a lot of NCIXers then a 5 million PPD will be a tough target for us indeed.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 6, 2011, 08:26 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Yeah I have mentioned that our typical PPD is 2 million. I will be more specific I guess, but if we don't get a heck of a lot of NCIXers then a 5 million PPD will be a tough target for us indeed.
NCIX's ppd is skewed right now because of the contest and then a certain invasion force. I also would guarantee that not all of our folders pay enough attention or would bother switching their clients around.

Our fall numbers:
December 59,987,614
November 52,203,550
October 44,062,799

Which would give 1.935 million ppd in december
1.740 million ppd in november
1.421 million ppd in october

We were building over the course of the winter and we always try to grow, but some of the contest people will have dropped out.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:39 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreX5 View Post

We were building over the course of the winter and we always try to grow, but some of the contest people will have dropped out.
Happens during contests. But from our experience, a couple of folks stick around after a contest or two.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 6, 2011, 08:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
yeah that what I was thinking, I like the 1-2 week drag race idea where and at the end who has the most points wins. EVGA and [H]ardocp are two unbeatable teams but last year the 3rd-9th place stats on the HWC stats page like watching another race, We finished 5th last year overall but 3rd in the other race, It was fun and we surprised alot of people by doing as good as we did. This year I was hoping we would do better but I now dont think so with these new rules. 2 or 5 million ppd is big gap, It sound like alot of people at NCIX are on board this year with us but not everyone. We could be DQed over a points violation or even worst come in last.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:50 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Happens during contests. But from our experience, a couple of folks stick around after a contest or two.
Yup, we always get some new blood. That is one of the main reasons for holding a contest. I would say we definitely gained some new support. But there are always the ones who only fold to enter or who drop by from other teams to check out the contest.

I like the format as well. A race that will go on for 2 weeks no matter what will be more exciting. There will be more ebb and flow than someone being able to bang out a set number of points and than drop out of the contest. There may even be come backs or the positions of the teams may change day by day which would make it more fun to watch.
Old March 6, 2011, 08:53 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

The original idea was for 2 weeks, but now maybe 1 week.

Nothing I have mentioned is set in stone, but this is the general route we will be taking.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 6, 2011, 08:56 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

The months they choose though are going to play a lot into this. All the teams could start to play games. Slowing down or shifting things around. Not bringing new equipment online. Not everything would be detectable or easily proven. Would be nice if there was a way to encourage all teams to keep up a good effort for the months that will be used.