Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27, 2011, 09:00 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Question Chimp Challenge - NCIX and HWC to fold under team NCIX banner this year?

I had started a thread on this topic over at NCIX a week or so ago and there was some disagreement over this question.

I know I believed that there was an agreement (generally understood) that NCIX team members would fold for HWC Beavers Gone Bananas last year and that this year team NCIX would represent us in the Challenge with HWC team members (that chose to do so) would help contribute to the CC under the NCIX banner.

Who else here was under that impression?

Keep in mind that folding is the important thing here and that the CC is intended to advance the cause of folding and raise some team spirit and fun in the process = so no flames.
Old February 27, 2011, 09:10 AM

My System Specs

From the last I heard it is what has been planned but it was up to the rest of the captains of the chimp challenge to see if they would allow it or not.
Old February 27, 2011, 09:12 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

That would be awesome lowfat :)
Old February 27, 2011, 09:18 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I wish someone over here mentioned it last year when we were starting this up, as I could have addressed this myself directly.

It was a lot of hard work getting us into the CC, since they wanted to keep the group small and there was hesitation allowing us to join. I mentioned to the various CC teams that there were some folks from NCIX who wanted to help us out by joining us (ie. those who helped us in our 'battle' vs TPU), but I did not mention to the other CC teams that it was two entire teams joining up since I did not know more than two-three people from NCIX who would help us. I did not represent ourselves to the other teams as being two entire teams joining together, as that is not what was told to myself. Since there was some 'resistance' to us joining, I fear that switching teams to those who resisted us would result in some sort of backlash. If we were to to this, I really should have told the CC teams up front that it was the both of us joining together fully.

Also, I think some of the HWC folks running the site here have obtained sponsors for this year under the impression that it is the same as last year. I don't know if the fact that NCIX being a reseller of products changes anything for the sponsors obtained.

So guys, its not a simple matter of just changing team numbers. I mentioned this in a CC captain forum after it came up here recently and the idea was criticized as being not in the spirit of the CC, since it should not matter which team the number is. My personal opinion is I agree with this, so the argument can be made both ways in my opinion (ie. does not matter which team we fold under).

So while I personally don't care which number, there are other CC teams who do (and will accuse us of 'cheating' and me not representing us as two teams instead of one last winter when I was trying to get us in), and there are sponsors who may also care.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 27, 2011, 09:23 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Also, right now, the method of winning the CC may change to a 10x your current points to win.

Ie. for team 54196 to win, we would need 10x2 million = 20 million to win. For team 37412 to win, it would be 10x3 million = 30 million to win......
Fold for team #54196
Old February 27, 2011, 10:52 AM
Banned
F@H

meh, lets keep folding for 54196..
or maybe for pete? during the chimp thingie
Old February 27, 2011, 01:37 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

What do you mean, "resistance"?
Old February 27, 2011, 01:39 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Well given that you have sponsors. The fact that the competition is based on your average 2 million ppd. And since it seems to be such an exclusive club this chimp challenge (who knew?? ). Also given that we have no control over the NCIX forum (we can't even get tags handed out in two months) and no way to get sponsors.

It would appear that HWC should be going it alone in this years chimp challenge. Since it would be a tad suspicious if you suddenly doubled your output.

Good luck with the challenge and if anything changes let us know.
Old February 27, 2011, 01:46 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Sponsors? Are you f3cking serious? And you tell me that Team "evga" is not sponsering their own Team?

Screw the Challenge.
Old February 27, 2011, 01:57 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Sponsors? Are you f3cking serious? And you tell me that Team "evga" is not sponsering their own Team?

Screw the Challenge.
I'm sure EVGA does put up prizes. They do for everything else so I'm sure they will for the chimp challenge.

Your team probably also expects prizes, and unless your Team Captains want to put up their own money, someone has to provide the prizes. Just be thankful you can get as many sponsors as you guys do to run contests and challenges. Not to mention a website that lets you put up ads, post web pages, edit the forums....