Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2011, 07:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Ya you're participating so all the points go under your team's name, where as we are supposed to fold under NCIX.com's team for the CC since they did the same for us last year. That's what he meant.
Well did not know that so thank you for the explanation. Hopefully they change the format this year.
Old January 28, 2011, 07:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Hmmm....I don't want to be a douche but....maybe it's time for another HWC folding contest. ;)
Great idea, but wait until I win the GPU (a huge improvement in terms of folding over my 4890)
Old January 28, 2011, 08:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogmali View Post
Well did not know that so thank you for the explanation. Hopefully they change the format this year.
HWC + NCIC + = Team Canada. I would like to see all the teams fold for 10-15 days for the challenge, Maybe closer to 10 days so you have less time to catch us
Old January 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

As for what teams can enter and who they fold for, etc are up to the team captains who are already in the Chimp Challenge. Last year I made it known that we were folding together after the CC begun (HWC and many of NCIX), but the idea of switching teams this year was not proposed to myself, and hence, not to the other CC captains last year.

That being said, I have no issues with it and I'll bring it up when we get together this spring but it should be noted that there could be some teams that would not go for it for some reason. When we lobbied to join the CC it was for HWC, and the idea of NCIX joining us happened as we geared up after we had joined.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 28, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
the intern who did the graphic for the contest should be sent home...unless it was bring your son/daughter to work day and they had an open machine with MS Paint open on it; that would make sense.
I'm sure Core X5 won't take it personal (just like the Fu Shnickens). From what I can tell, though, the message was effectively conveyed. Huge team PPD increase since the contest began (almost +1M PPD), and a tonne of new 100,000-point milestones. Obviously, some of those are traitors, er, I mean, folders from other teams - but a bunch of them are new folders, which is kinda the whole point of these things.

I'm glad that HWC and NCIX can support each other like this. Believe me, when it comes to contests, HWC has the upper hand and then some - we started talking about putting this contest together at the end of '09. Took us a bit, but we did it!

Follow my benching, folding, mining and miscellaneous shenanigans @dt_oc
Old January 28, 2011, 02:33 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Huge team PPD increase since the contest began (almost +1M PPD), and a tonne of new 100,000-point milestones. Obviously, some of those are traitors, er, I mean, folders from other teams - but a bunch of them are new folders, which is kinda the whole point of these things.
That's the main thing that should happen!

Was nice to see your contest getting up and running, as the folders need to be shown some love for how well they represent NCIX.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 28, 2011, 04:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
That's the main thing that should happen!

Was nice to see your contest getting up and running, as the folders need to be shown some love for how well they represent NCIX.
You got your name changed!
Old January 28, 2011, 04:24 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
You got your name changed!
Fold for team #54196
Old January 28, 2011, 04:28 PM
Banned
F@H

you traitor! :D