Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2011, 09:11 PM
Banned
F@H

well, i must be unlucky then because when i mix gus i got to play with those tricks like there's no yesterday. hey, as long as it works.:)
Old January 9, 2011, 09:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photograph View Post
Ok, I have news to report. Both GTS 450's are folding, but the GTX 260 refuses to start with a "CoreStatus= 63 <99>" Error. SMP is working too, with no effect on the two Fermi cards running GPU3.
You need to add the -forcegpu nvidia_g80 to the client running on the GTX 260. You can do this in lieu of extending the desktop on Windows XP. You need to do this as well because the GTX 260 is not your primary adapter.

The -forcegpu flags TELL the folding client what card you are running, and the folding client will blindly run the binaries associated with that particular GPU, without checking.

If this fails you can try and replace the client running the GTX 260 with the older GPU2 client which gives slightly better performance on older GTx 2xx cards.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old January 9, 2011, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
If this fails you can try and replace the client running the GTX 260 with the older GPU2 client which gives slightly better performance on older GTx 2xx cards.
In my own experience with mixing generations - you should probably do this anyway. Reduces headaches and increases production.

Or - to make things even simpler, why not try out FAH Tracker? It worries about all that kinda stuff for you and automatically configures things relatively optimally. FAH GPU Tracker V2

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old January 9, 2011, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the input guys. I tried the different clients as well as the force gpu flags and even moving cards to different slots with no luck mixing card generations so I have decided to relocate the Fermi cards to my server and let them fold in there since that machine is on all the time anyways. The cards + the Quad in the server are presently generating 20-21K per day now. Thanks for the help guys

In other news; all this activity has brought my wife's attention to the armada of machines in our basement so she has asked me to eliminate a few as we need to make space for our new family (kid's play) room. So I'll be selling a bunch of folding cards, motherboards and parts shortly if anyone is in the market.

Cheers,

Photo
Old January 9, 2011, 02:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photograph View Post

In other news; all this activity has brought my wife's attention to the armada of machines in our basement so she has asked me to eliminate a few as we need to make space for our new family (kid's play) room.

Cheers,

Photo
Paint them to look like giant Lego's. They will fit right in