Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2011, 03:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
You have an SR-2? I wasn't aware. I thought it was just me, Xeven, Rison, and stoanee that still had them running.

You also can't go buy CPU-Z. It will always show all the DIMMs even if they aren't operational. System properties is what I use. Quite often after a reboot it will only show 4GB or 5GB for some reason. I've heard raising back to back CAS latency will work but it never has for me. It also has a significant impact on performance since it drops down to single/dual channel.
I had to drop b2b to 5 or I would lose 2gb. I also had to keep one voltage setting (forget which one right now) or I would lose 2gb. I didn't realize that I could lose triple channel. How do you check that?
Old March 4, 2011, 03:30 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
You have an SR-2? I wasn't aware. I thought it was just me, Xeven, Rison, and stoanee that still had them running.

You also can't go buy CPU-Z. It will always show all the DIMMs even if they aren't operational. System properties is what I use. Quite often after a reboot it will only show 4GB or 5GB for some reason. I've heard raising back to back CAS latency will work but it never has for me. It also has a significant impact on performance since it drops down to single/dual channel.
Bingo, system properties shows only 10GB.

I don't use CPU-Z much as I had read that, as you said, it can't be relied on at least for SR-2's.

I'll check again when I reboot and switch back to -bigadv...

Old March 4, 2011, 03:37 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I had to drop b2b to 5 or I would lose 2gb. I also had to keep one voltage setting (forget which one right now) or I would lose 2gb. I didn't realize that I could lose triple channel. How do you check that?
Check your Gflops w/ LinX. Mine will drop from 110Gflops down to 80 or less generally.
Old March 6, 2011, 05:05 PM

My System Specs

I am really starting to think my SR-2s do not like me. I FINALLY get my second SR-2 stable. First time since the beginning of January. But now my first SR-2 started locking up on me.

This rig has been rock solid for over a month w/o a single lock,reboot, or anything. For some reason the chipset fan is acting all wonky. It completely stops and then starts up for a few seconds, rinse, repeat. It even does this if I set the fans to 100% in the bios.

Speaking of fan control. On my second SR-2 rig I want to run my fans at a lower speed. I set them properly in the bios and the ramp down. But as soon as I boot in to Windows they go 100% again. I even tried downloading Speedfan and haven't had any luck controlling them. That leads me to another point, Speedfan is SO SLOW on both of my SR-2s. Almost impossible to manage the interface it is so laggy and choppy.
Old March 7, 2011, 04:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yeah, use a hardware solution for your fan speeds - i've always found motherboard settings to be totally wonky, no matter the manufacturer.

As for stability, this weekend was the first weekend my SR2 ran without issue.. since I received it on Dec 19th. You're not exactly alone with the stability thing. It sucks these computers can be so much work to keep going - and others have mobo's that run with no issues.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old March 8, 2011, 12:55 PM

My System Specs

Anyone ever have issues w/ their network adapter wonking out on them? I have to reboot once a day lately as the network adapter loses connection w/ the router.
Old March 8, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, I'm wireless.
Old March 8, 2011, 02:44 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

No issues on all 4 boards.
Old March 8, 2011, 04:35 PM

My System Specs

Weird. Maybe I am just overclocked too high.

I guess I'll just order up an Intel PCIe NIC and call it a day.
Old March 8, 2011, 08:33 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Eat your heart out SR-2 owners...behold the apparent power of my i7 970:
Attached Images

Fold for team #54196