Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24, 2011, 08:44 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Haha yeah you SR-2 guys are blowing past me in the standings!
Fold for team #54196
Old February 24, 2011, 10:01 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

has anyone here tried to run esxi on the sr-2? I've read that you need intel 10/100/1000 nics and and a compatible raid controller instead of the ones on board. I am considering getting the sr-2 for labbing windows 7 and server 2008r2.
Old February 27, 2011, 09:42 AM

My System Specs

I am starting to think there is something wrong w/ my E5645's. Board got back from RMA, using new ram, considerable lower clocks. Still can't get it stable back a few hours of LinX. I've been running LinX almost constantly since last Tuesday. I got 8 hours of stability once, and I am pretty sure it was just some freaky mistake because I haven't been able to get it stable at those clocks or lower since.
Old February 28, 2011, 07:36 PM

My System Specs

Rison, you have any better luck w/ your SR-2 lately? Did you end up seeing if Linux had better luck w/ the bigadv's?
Old March 1, 2011, 07:11 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

My SR2 is just running one 5645 right now, at 3.8Ghz. I've been sick since last Thursday, and haven't been doing anything when i'm at home. (other than sleep)
I'm interested to see the new windows executable, and see if the system will run properly with it. Failing that, I have Debian v6 installed on a hdd, but it was having difficulty running folding at home (some libraries issue) - so I may install debian 5 on it.. I know folding works well on it, I just gotta find the network driver module for the SR2 to get it working properly though.

I've been skimming the forums, and it seems a lot of people selling off their SR2 rigs.. wow, I wish I had a 2-3k sitting around to pick up all these units on the cheap, lol.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old March 2, 2011, 12:14 PM

My System Specs

I thought I had this thing stable again. Did 12 hours of LinX and 4 hours of HCI Memtest. It even completed a bigadv w/o fail. Fast forward 2 days. Can't even do 20 minutes of regular SMP WU's without bluescreening. I am at a loss on how to get this second machine stable.
Old March 4, 2011, 05:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Really late update here on my SR-2. Debian 6.0 is on it.. and folding on all cores. Frickin windows and it's frickin problems.

Anywho, my SR-2 is off right now, cause it's not stable for both CPUs on the overclock.. I have some tweaking to do - but I am glad it's finally able to fold on all cores.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old March 4, 2011, 01:14 PM

My System Specs

Anyone have issues where they need to restart their SR-2 in order to get all DIMM's to show up? Both of my machines require this lately.
Old March 4, 2011, 02:26 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Anyone have issues where they need to restart their SR-2 in order to get all DIMM's to show up? Both of my machines require this lately.
Your post made me go check mine, I had just fired up some WCG after a reboot to do some testing prior to switching over to the Hamsters and Boinc is showing just 10GB out of 12GB installed.

It's the first time I've seen that and strangely CPU-Z still shows all 12GB.

Once the tasks are done I'll be switching back to -bigadv and will check again, everything seems to be running fine though.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the Win7 SP1 + 6.34client combo update I did the other day...

Old March 4, 2011, 03:04 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Your post made me go check mine, I had just fired up some WCG after a reboot to do some testing prior to switching over to the Hamsters and Boinc is showing just 10GB out of 12GB installed.

It's the first time I've seen that and strangely CPU-Z still shows all 12GB.

Once the tasks are done I'll be switching back to -bigadv and will check again, everything seems to be running fine though.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the Win7 SP1 + 6.34client combo update I did the other day...
You have an SR-2? I wasn't aware. I thought it was just me, Xeven, Rison, and stoanee that still had them running.

You also can't go buy CPU-Z. It will always show all the DIMMs even if they aren't operational. System properties is what I use. Quite often after a reboot it will only show 4GB or 5GB for some reason. I've heard raising back to back CAS latency will work but it never has for me. It also has a significant impact on performance since it drops down to single/dual channel.