Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2010, 04:09 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Many cases can accept the SR2, with some various degrees of modding; very few cases can take the board as is, and have all PCIe slots available.
This was my biggest problem as well and the fact that I like black interiors. I have na 800D that I'm lining up for a totally separate project which seems to fit the bill, except it only has 7 slots and it needs a bit more modding here and there. I also didn't want to add more "damage" to it that I've already done, so I was contemplating the PC-P80 instead. It's freakishly humongous and apparently barely fits the SR-2. It's also ridiculously expensive @ almost ~500.00 after shipping and taxes I lucked out because NCIX had a sale for PC-A77Fs this week for $279.00 after taxes and free ground shipping. It's still obscenely expensive and only has 8 slots, but when I have to look at the alternative... it's almost "alright". Too bad the interior is bare aluminum.

It's something you have to accept when building an SR-2 I guess. Even with a "medium tier" SR-2 with the L5639's it's still gonna cost you... a LOT. I just hope it's worth it in the long run Good luck to us all

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old November 27, 2010, 04:20 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I've done a fair bit of research, and I know the board fits inside my Lili A70. You should be fine with the A77.
Old November 27, 2010, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
So you are getting an SR2 too???
Yup, gonna take a little while though, don't want the wife to smother me with a pillow in my sleep.
Old November 27, 2010, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Mountain mods cases looks nice also.

MountainMods.com-Computer Cases-Pinnacle-Pinnacle 24 - CYO

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old November 27, 2010, 05:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Yup, gonna take a little while though, don't want the wife to smother me with a pillow in my sleep.
I was sorta contemplating it for a while... but if the wifey ever intercepted the credit card bill I'd be dead meat... no questions asked. I however consoled myself by picking up a GTX 470 today ($199. at Canada Computers Black Friday sale) and I have two more GTS 450's on the way... Hopefully I can stay competitive once everyone get's their SR2's online. This could get really interesting... I'd just love to see our team top NCIX's PPD average, even if it's only for a short time...
Old November 27, 2010, 11:31 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

If we can ever get close to NCIX I would be honored. There are a few NCIX guys who fold for us too, and lend a hand when needed, so I deeply respect those guys and their team. They have been Canada's #1 team for years, so due respect is warranted too for that reason.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 28, 2010, 03:56 AM
Banned
F@H

hats off to folders world wide for that matter

now. what some get while others dont, is specials on hw. for exemple i hear evga is kind with their folders, same with ncix i reckon? :)

shouldnt we get a piece of the pie as well?

back on topic :)
Old November 28, 2010, 06:16 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
If we can ever get close to NCIX I would be honored. There are a few NCIX guys who fold for us too, and lend a hand when needed, so I deeply respect those guys and their team. They have been Canada's #1 team for years, so due respect is warranted too for that reason.
Agreed!!! when I first started folding DT was pumping out around 200K PPD for our team to help us out... I wasn't even aware at the time that he was from another team as I was new to all of this... NCIX also helped us out enormously during the chimp challenge to make the great showing that we did... So yes due respect is definitely warranted. It would just be really to get cool to get to their level or beyond...
Old November 28, 2010, 08:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
hats off to folders world wide for that matter

now. what some get while others dont, is specials on hw. for exemple i hear evga is kind with their folders, same with ncix i reckon? :)

shouldnt we get a piece of the pie as well?

back on topic :)
I don't know what pie you reckon Ncix is giving out to their folders, but there has been nothing except a few draws for Ncix points in the last year. I think you'll find that HWC has had more contests/ giveaways. The idea that Ncix is anywhere on the same level as Evga in terms of giving out benefits to entice folders onto the team is pure cow manure. I apologize for going further off-topic in this thread.

Looking forward to seeing more progress on the SR-2 builds

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old November 28, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

there is a Lian Li PC 70 all alumuninum case on the web " Modder canvass"
Here in Ottawa fore 50 $
5 years old, never used

Pm me I will send you the link

thanks