Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2011, 05:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

Impressive numbers from 2 rigs . Me... 5 rigs for about the same PPD .
Old February 17, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

from FaHWiki:
C0000005

Windows and F@H GUI Specific

CoreStatus = C0000005 (-1073741819)
Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000005
Deleting current work unit & continuing...
This is a known Windows memory error, while running the v5.x GUI client with the GUI open while finishing and uploading a work unit. Workarounds include updating the video driver (doesn't always help), keeping the GUI closed near the end of a work unit, or switching to the console client and using a 3rd party utility to see the pretty pictures and monitor the client's progress.

It can also be caused by faulty memory or a bad memory controller, so you should consider both possibilities.

Old February 17, 2011, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
from FaHWiki:
C0000005

Windows and F@H GUI Specific

CoreStatus = C0000005 (-1073741819)
Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xc0000005
Deleting current work unit & continuing...
This is a known Windows memory error, while running the v5.x GUI client with the GUI open while finishing and uploading a work unit. Workarounds include updating the video driver (doesn't always help), keeping the GUI closed near the end of a work unit, or switching to the console client and using a 3rd party utility to see the pretty pictures and monitor the client's progress.

It can also be caused by faulty memory or a bad memory controller, so you should consider both possibilities.
Yeah, i've read that a hundred times. It mostly points to running the GPU client tho.
I know the memory and controller is good - it passed prime95 last night, and all the other tests I ran (trying to make the board fail..)
It can also be caused by bad USB ports (lol - so i've read) and rights issues in win2k server.. which i've seen for myself.. but it's running regular smp fine.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 17, 2011, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I did have a little trouble with this:

Set advmethods flag always ..... [no]: Type "no" If you don't type no here, you will NEVER get -bigadv units

because apparently I cannot read...................

Old February 17, 2011, 06:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I did have a little trouble with this:

Set advmethods flag always ..... [no]: Type "no" If you don't type no here, you will NEVER get -bigadv units

because apparently I cannot read...................
Don't feel bad... I did the same thing... twice Took me about a day and a half to figure it out...the room was really smoky....
Old February 17, 2011, 06:10 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
Halp (again, lol)

If I do regular smp workunits on the sr2.. no problem, but when I do bigadv units.. fail.

It's not a memory issue (that i'm aware of) and it's not an overclock issue. It's not a rights issue.. the C000005 error can be from a rights problem.. but it runs regular SMP fine.
I have gone through all the newbie things.. enabled "big" workunits.. re-downloaded the executable, redownloaded a new A3 core, the works.

Run HCI Memtest. Chances are it fails. You need to raise your MCH strap, loosing DRAM timings or increase Vdimm.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old February 17, 2011, 06:25 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

While I don't know much about these SR-2s, I agree with lowfat that it is a memory issue of some type, especially if redownloading the core/executable/work did not help. Bigadv has greater memory requirements, which also supports this.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 17, 2011, 06:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I can download the bigadv units ok, but they just fail on me.

Quote:
Old February 17, 2011, 06:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

Not sure if my issue was memory related or not but when I raised the overclock on my 970 I got the same error right after the client downloaded a new bigadv... I reinstalled client etc... but I still kept getting the same error... Lowering my O.C. back to where it was solved the problem...
Old February 17, 2011, 06:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Also, possibly unrelated question - which power connectors have you guys used on the motherboard? I have the EPS x 2 plugged in of course, but did you guys connect the 6 pin connector beside it for extra power for overclocking? (or something?)

Quote: