Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2010, 10:15 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Are you talking about the plastic ones that go through vs the screws on your MB?
If so I think I have a couple hundred...

ST
Plastic ones that have a sticker base that sticks to the motherboard tray.
Old December 2, 2010, 10:44 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Anyone know where I can buy more of those sticker/standoffs that come w/ the board? If I finish the FT01BW I don't want to have drill/tap out every single screw hole.
Since I sent back 2 boards and evga told me to keep everything, I have 2 packs of those studs. I'll probably use one, I'll see how many are left in pack #2 once I have completed the install.
Old December 2, 2010, 10:47 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Hey fellow Sr-2 owners,

I played around yesterday with BLCK over 200. I posted up to 208 without much voltage tweak, but the reponse from my USB mouse/keayboard, getting into window and my network controller were ridiculously slow. For example, I started LFD2 and the voice of Nick in the initial intro was sloooowwww. Like a word every 2 or 3 seconds...

No mater how much more V-core I added, nothing changed. I might have tried more VTT... I finally tested back down to 203 one BLCK at the time, and no problem. Anything at 204 and over, the slowness/unresponsiveness returns.

Do you think this means I have come to my BLCK end of the board, or some more tweaking could solve the problem ? Any suggestions ?

If you wish I could post pictures of my bios tonight.
Yeah, VTT as usual. The CPUs are being board limited. I can do 226 BCLK on a single board but on the SR-2 I can get it up to 208 "stable" at almost 1.5 volts VTT, x16 uncore. Gives about 145K PPD on a P6900. My current setting is 203 BCLK, 1.40 VTT, x18 uncore ( almost 138K PPD for P6900). I haven't worked on optimizing voltages or memory timings yet as I was just trying to push it as far as it could go last night. In order to have peripherals stable, my IOH is at 1.45 Volts, PCIE at 101 and I also set my IOH QPI 0 Signal to -86.

I guess my experience with EVGA boards still holds true. If you want looks go for them, if you want performance look somewhere else. For memory timing, I didn't do much I just set it at "standard" 9-9-9-24 1T 1600. I should be able to go further, but I got a Dominator paired with a Sector 7 because I got back ordered on 2 sets of RAM (I'm looking at you NCIX!)

I'll do more tweaking tonight and post my final tally tomorrow or the weekend. This is fun at least

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches
Old December 2, 2010, 10:48 AM
Banned
F@H

board limitation or chipset limitation? :)

and charlie, whats up with #3?
Old December 2, 2010, 10:58 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeven View Post

I guess my experience with EVGA boards still holds true. If you want looks go for them, if you want performance look somewhere else.

I'll do more tweaking tonight and post my final tally tomorrow or the weekend. This is fun at least
II have yet to see any other boards besides eVGA hit 250+ bclk. It is understandable that the SR-2 has a few issues as it is the first dual socket 5500 board that can overclock.

And it will be another day before my system is up. For the first time ever UPS wouldn't leave my parcel without a signature.
Old December 2, 2010, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

LOWFAT : I dont know how far is the UPS Depot from your house, but I normally can go get it the same night has they missed me without any issues. you do have to call them in adavcne tough.

So IOH, PCI frequency and maybe some more VTT. I am now at 1.40 to for 203 BLCK. Not sure I am confortable long term at 1.50.....So I,ll try some more IOH and a bit of PCI frequency. But your voltage are about equal to mine.

What is the v-core you are pushing ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old December 2, 2010, 11:22 AM
MVP
F@H

You shouldn't go beyond 1.45 VTT. I have Vcore set to 1.35 at the moment, I'll try to get it lower if possible.

Old December 2, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I am doing 1.30 V-core and 1.4 VTT for 203 BLCK folding stable.. Since we have the same cpu, I am sure ou can get it down easily.

Did you turn NUMA off ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old December 2, 2010, 11:46 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
LOWFAT : I dont know how far is the UPS Depot from your house, but I normally can go get it the same night has they missed me without any issues. you do have to call them in adavcne tough.
I can't. I have to wait until next day as it is still on the truck. Either way I just found out the Megahalems fit the stock Xeon brackets, although I don't have a videocard that doesn't have waterblock installed. And my MCP355 seems to be leaking.
Old December 2, 2010, 11:46 AM
MVP
F@H

Yeah NUMA is off. What PPD are you getting? I'm currently running a P6900 at ~138K PPD.