Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2010, 07:50 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Hey fellow Sr-2 owners,

I played around yesterday with BLCK over 200. I posted up to 208 without much voltage tweak, but the reponse from my USB mouse/keayboard, getting into window and my network controller were ridiculously slow. For example, I started LFD2 and the voice of Nick in the initial intro was sloooowwww. Like a word every 2 or 3 seconds...

No mater how much more V-core I added, nothing changed. I might have tried more VTT... I finally tested back down to 203 one BLCK at the time, and no problem. Anything at 204 and over, the slowness/unresponsiveness returns.

Do you think this means I have come to my BLCK end of the board, or some more tweaking could solve the problem ? Any suggestions ?

If you wish I could post pictures of my bios tonight.
That is what happened over 229 bclk on my R3E.
Old December 2, 2010, 07:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

ha, so max BLCK seems to be 203 in my case.... I'll try a little bit more, but I think I will go for the ram tighthening and lowering voltage as much as I can then... 203 is still pretty good !

3 654 Mhz X 24 !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old December 2, 2010, 08:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've read of the 200 bclk wall on other forums, even people with watercooling trying to push it farther.. it seems to be a board limitation all right (which is why I was debating SR-2 vs two separate motherboards in the other thread)

Sorry to side track the convo a bit.. but can an SR-2 fit in an CM ATCS 840 without any modifications? - I could care less about PCI slots.. but will the screw mounts line up properly enough to mount it?

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old December 2, 2010, 08:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Not sure, but make a hole for a mobo peg is not a mod in my mind.... :)

Sold hardware again.....
Old December 2, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Not sure, but make a hole for a mobo peg is not a mod in my mind.... :)
Velcro is non-conductive..........
Old December 2, 2010, 09:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Velcor, wow ! Never tought about it.

Sold hardware again.....
Old December 2, 2010, 09:58 AM

My System Specs

Anyone know where I can buy more of those sticker/standoffs that come w/ the board? If I finish the FT01BW I don't want to have drill/tap out every single screw hole.
Old December 2, 2010, 10:02 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Hey fellow Sr-2 owners,

I played around yesterday with BLCK over 200. I posted up to 208 without much voltage tweak, but the reponse from my USB mouse/keayboard, getting into window and my network controller were ridiculously slow. For example, I started LFD2 and the voice of Nick in the initial intro was sloooowwww. Like a word every 2 or 3 seconds...

No mater how much more V-core I added, nothing changed. I might have tried more VTT... I finally tested back down to 203 one BLCK at the time, and no problem. Anything at 204 and over, the slowness/unresponsiveness returns.

Do you think this means I have come to my BLCK end of the board, or some more tweaking could solve the problem ? Any suggestions ?

If you wish I could post pictures of my bios tonight.
Have you tried raising the PCIE frequency setting to 101, 102? I remember vaguely something about this in the SR2 thread over at [H].
Old December 2, 2010, 10:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Anyone know where I can buy more of those sticker/standoffs that come w/ the board? If I finish the FT01BW I don't want to have drill/tap out every single screw hole.
Are you talking about the plastic ones that go through vs the screws on your MB?
If so I think I have a couple hundred...

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 2, 2010, 10:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Thanks Charlie, I'll try the pci-e thingy.

107 000 Point for my Last Bigadv and I sopped folding for about 2hres yesterday night.

Sold hardware again.....