Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2010, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

nope and with my week schedule, I will only try it by the towards the end of the week.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old November 29, 2010, 05:18 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
me = 2 * XT and 2 * EK GTX480 Full cover block. The higher temp only come when the GTX are at 100 %. Since you will be doing Bigadv only, I would not bother to much about it.

edit : longer term of +100 mhz OC :
hihi
I'm giggling, looking at the ppd using your chips... ~125k!
Old November 29, 2010, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yeah think about yours... 3.8 or maybe even 4.0. so you should be 135 000

Sold hardware again.....
Old November 29, 2010, 08:22 PM

My System Specs

My SR-2 should be here by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest I sure hope work is nice and slow those days.

When you started overclocking your CPU's did you do just one CPU at a time?
Old November 30, 2010, 06:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Nah, I could have disabled one socket and Oc the cpu one by one, but then I did not know how the board was working that way. I just did not see any gain of doing it that way. You cant control BLCK separatly anyway. I just upped the BLCK and went from there. The overclock was really similar to any other X58 board, except the NUMA thing and the impact on some of the timings. If you wish, I could pot a BIOS screen picture tonight.

My limited experience showed that most of My BSOD were memory related. Also, get your BIOS info written or take some picture when you are trying a new OC from a stable point. I lost my saved profile a couple of time after a cmos clear.

I also started up with certain voltage limit I wanted to respect, mine were VTT 1.40 and V-Core 1.35.

P.S Do you have windows 7 pro or ultimate ? I had to order a copy rush..... Home wont let you have 2 cpus.

Edit = One BIGADV everyday ?
You bet.... Matsta31 - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats
I played one chapter of LFD2 (1h15min) yesterday night, My PPD dropped to 50 K­ during that peridod.

Sold hardware again.....

Last edited by matsta31; November 30, 2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old November 30, 2010, 08:06 AM

My System Specs

Yes I have Win 7 Pro, so it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully I can still use the install from my i7 X58 machine. I don't really want to do a reinstall unless I have to.
That is going to be on very nice thing w/ the SR-2, since you can complete a bigadv in a day. Playing a few hours of a game is no big deal as it won't have such a huge affect on the overall PPD.
Old November 30, 2010, 08:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I did re-do a full install, due to the different drivers of the chipset. I think it would work if you just put the new drivers once fully booted, but be ready to do a re-install if not...

Sold hardware again.....
Old November 30, 2010, 12:19 PM

My System Specs

I guess at first I'll just try to find the highest clocks possible w/ both CPUs at the same time. Then do each one individually afterward to find the lowest possible voltage for each.
Old November 30, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yeah if you want to be the most efficient possible. I guess I will do at one point, but between wanting to Fold ASAP and the gaming... not much time to tweak !

With the jumper you'll be able to Oc the CPU 0 alone easily. Then you'll have to switch cpu 1 to CPU 0.

I got so many games in steam I need to play...

Sold hardware again.....
Old December 1, 2010, 03:28 PM

My System Specs

Board arrived today. Although I won't be using it until tomorrow since the 2nd waterblock doesn't arrive till then.