Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2010, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Trying Fah again....

....and I'm more than a little confused (as usual ).....I've followed SugarJ's guide and set up the smp client no problem. Started folding away at 4.25GHz with temps of 60-62-58-58-63-67c across the cores and seems stable so far, so I'm happy with that.

Now, it says FahCore_a3.exe and Gromacs SMP Core Version 2.22 and the first project was 6702 and was running along smoothly until 11% and I got this (see pic), it has now switched me to a 6063 project and I'm 17% into it and so far so good. I guess my question is, what happened?

Any advice would be appreciated as it's been quite a while since I've folded

Once I'm happy with knowing what I'm doing with the CPU I'll tackle getting the GPU's up and running
Attached Images

Old November 8, 2010, 06:47 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Welcome back Mr. K, good to see you getting back in the game.

I don't know that error code but it looks like you just got a bad WU, you're better off with the 6063 anyways as the 6071/2's are nasty.

Have you thought of trying the -bigadv, you would get some nice ppd with that hexa...

Old November 8, 2010, 06:55 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Client-core communications error is a disk access issue if I recall correctly (or rights issue)...did you make a folder called 'FAH' outside of the "Program Files" directory, and make sure you ran as admin? Win7 restricts apps in the Program Files directory, and admin rights are needed.

Also try disabling UAC.
Fold for team #54196
Old November 8, 2010, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Welcome back Mr. K, good to see you getting back in the game.

I don't know that error code but it looks like you just got a bad WU, you're better off with the 6063 anyways as the 6071/2's are nasty.

Have you thought of trying the -bigadv, you would get some nice ppd with that hexa...
Thx LCB, I think it must have been a bad WU, the 6063 completed with no issues.
I will go to the bigadv once I know I got everything else worked out.

chris: Yup, I did, I think I did things right. I'm just setting up the GPU3 beta now and I have a question.

Note: The GPU3 beta client does not distinguish between 2xx and 4xx series NV GPUs. Add the -forcegpu nvidia_g80 switch to the 2xx client target field, and add the -forcegpu nvidia_fermi switch to the 4xx client target field.

Where do I add this?
Attached Images

Old November 8, 2010, 07:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

Yes there works.

If using the systray version, the third tab in the config, all the way at the bottom you can add it there.

Console version, say yes to advanced settings and one of the last questions ask will ask for extra parameters, you can add it there also.

Cheers!
Old November 8, 2010, 07:32 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

You don't need the fermi switch. It should detect the right gpu.

Here is a scrennie of where you would put it (instead of the 'gpu0' part in the target field)
Fold for team #54196
Old November 8, 2010, 07:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i get this exact error when trying to SMP fold and GPU fold. I was told it means my OC is no good. Its rock solid stable doing any thing else 100% (linx, gaming, solo SMP folding, etc) so I find that hard to believe. I -cannot- reproduce it at all. I recently even went back to prime 95 and had it going for nearly 36 hours without a crash/lock up. I'm using GPU Tracker, but it does it both with SMP client and GPU tracker. All my admin rights/UAC are done as Chris suggested.

I cant pin it down, but I havnt tried lowering the OC yet, either. I guess thats the next step :(
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 8, 2010, 07:43 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

The ' -forcegpu nvidia_fermi ' switch is only needed if you are also trying to Fold on a non-fermi gpu in the same box...

Old November 8, 2010, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

^ ahhh....got it, thx LCB

One thing I noticed is when I start up GPU1, it appears to be folding but in evga precision, it shows 99% usage on GPU 3, is there a reason why its not folding on GPU 1?...I would like to try and get 2 or 3 (eventually all 4)GPU's folding if I can get this all figured out.

Old November 8, 2010, 07:50 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

GPU0, GPU1, and GPU2 (which would be the switches you would put in the shortcuts) will not always correspond to what is shown in precision tool.
Fold for team #54196